Chapter 5: The Date

Katherine POV:
After dinner, Pansy and I made our way to our dorm. I decided I was going to tell Pans about my date with Cedric. She quickly responded by saying "You're going on a date with a real boy, is this some kind of joke? "Pansy I'm serious it's that guy from Hufflepuff, his name is Cedric". He is in his third year. "I need your help getting ready. Could I borrow one of your dresses? Pansy nodded, But I could tell she wanted to say something else. I started putting many dresses on, and I finally decided on a beautiful flowy yellow dress.

 I layed the dress at the end of my bed

I layed the dress at the end of my bed. When Pansy turned to me and said "I still can't believe you got a date before I did. "At least I don't drool over my crush and expect them to like me back", I snapped at her. "Dracy does like me back, He will ask me out any day now". "Keep telling yourself that maybe that would happen", I responded. I didn't talk to Pansy for the rest of the night.

I woke up early the next morning thinking about my date with Cedric tonight. I was extremely nervous to see what he would think of me. I checked the time to see it was 5:30 a.m. and classes start at 8:30, so I decided to get ready for the day and headed to the common room. After about 2 hours of reading Draco came in and said "Good morning Kathy, what are you doing? "Oh, I'm just catching up on some reading". " What about you", I asked. "I couldn't sleep". "You wanna head to the great hall for breakfast? "Yes," I said. As we were walking, there was an awkward silence, and that Draco soonly broke. "Do you wanna hang out after class?". "Sorry Draco but I have a date with Cedric," I said. Draco didn't respond to me, and it remained silent the entire way to the great hall.

Draco sat next to Pansy which I was confused about but I brushed the thought off.

Draco's POV:
-I had walked down to the common room when I saw Kathy reading. I was admiring how beautiful she was when I snapped out of that thought and went up to her and asked her to walk with me to the Great hall. As we were walking neither of us were talking so I decided to break the silence by asking her to hang out after class. She had said that Cedric asked her on a date and I felt myself becoming angry and full of jealousy. I didn't say another word for the rest of the walk to the Great hall and I even sat next to Pansy because I couldn't bear the thought of her being with Cedric and sitting next to her would just increase the feeling.

Katherine's POV:
I went to the rest of my classes for the day and came back to my dorm to get ready for my date with Cedric. I had started to do a bit of light makeup and curl my hair. I put on my bright yellow dress with some heels and made my way to the black lake. On my way out I see Draco and Blaise sitting on the couch of the common room talking. I said hey and they turned to me with wide-eyes. Draco started to talk saying "wo-woah you look amazing Kathy". I blushed at his comment and thanked him when Blaise said " wow Kathy you look great Cedric is going to love it" "thanks Blaise I knew I could always count on you to make me feel less nervous." I glanced over at Draco one last time before saying goodbye and leaving.

I walked towards the black lake and I saw Cedric from a distance set up a blanket with a picnic basket and roses. I smile to myself at how he went all out just for me.

I walked up and greeted him saying "hey". He responded by saying "hey Katherine I'm so glad you came, you look amazing". I blushed and thanked him.

We talked for hours about everything that was from our families to our hobbies. We had talked for so long that it was an almost past curfew so we packed everything up and ran back into the castle. He walked me back to the common room and said " I had a great time Katherine we should do it again sometime". I smiled and said " I had a great time too Cedric and maybe we can do it again." He kissed my cheek and walked off as I whispered the Slytherin password "Pureblood" and opened the door to see Draco asleep on the couch. I admired how peaceful he was asleep as I rubbed his cheek and he woke up saying "Kathy is that you?" I smiled saying yes and he started to question me about my date. I felt a little uncomfortable talking to my former crush about my... well I don't know what Cedric is at the moment. I tried to keep my answers short but meaningful and soon I went up to my dorm, changed, and went to sleep.