Chapter 48: There Here!!

I knew this day would come, but why so soon. "It's happening we need to go to the Astronomy Tower", Draco said.  He grabbed my hand and we started running to the tower. 

As we were walking up the stairs we could hear Dumbeldore talking. But he sounded as if he was not alone.

We made it up and Draco pointed his wand at Dumbledore. I hesitantly did the same.

"Good evening Draco and Katherine, what brings you here on this fine, spring evening", Dumbeldore said. " Who else's here we heard you talking", Draco said with tears in his eyes.

"I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. Have you been whispering to yourself, Katherine?", Dumbledore said. I wasn't sure how he knew. Dumbledore seems to know everything. I couldn't respond to him. I just tried to hold my wand higher to show I wasn't afraid. Even though I was absolutely terrified.

Dumbeldore turned to Draco and said, "Draco, you are no assassin." "How do you know what I am?! I've done things that would shock you!", Draco replied.

"Like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that, in return, she would bear a cursed necklace to me? Like replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison? Forgive me, Draco, but I cannot help feeling these actions are so weak that your heart couldn't really be in them.", Dumbeldore said.

"He trusts us, we were chosen", Draco said. We showed him our marks.  "I shall make it easy for you", Dumbeldore said, lifting his wand. "EXPELLIARMUS", I said. "Very good, very good.", He responded.

We heard the door open in the distance.  "You're not alone? There are others? How?", Dumbeldore asked. "The Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement. we've been mending it.", I replied.

"Let me guess; It has a sister? A twin?", Dumbeldore asked. "At Borgin & Burkes". They form a passage.", Draco said. "Ingenious. Draco, Katherine , years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you", Dumbledore said. I felt the tears form in my eyes as I saw the same happened to Draco.

"We don't want your help! Don't you understand? We have to do this! We have to kill you! Or he's going to kill us.", Draco replied.

Dumbedlore was about to reply when the door had opened and Bellatrix Lestrange showed up with a fellow death eater. I knew she was Draco's aunt, but I was never fond of her. 
" Well, look what we have here. Well done, Draco and Katherine", Bella said. "Good evening, Bellatrix. I think introductions are called for", Dumbeldore said. "Love to, Albus, but I'm afraid we're on a bit of a tight schedule.", She responded. "Do it!", Bella said to us.

"He doesn't have the stomach,  Let me finish him in my own way.", Greyback said. "No! The Dark Lord was clear; The children need to do it. This is your moment. Do it! Go on, NOW!", I held my wand up, but was stopped by Snape.

"No", Snape said. "Severus... Please", Dumbledore said. "Avada kedavra!". The green light had shot him right in the chest and he fell down the Astronomy Tower. I ran into Draco's arm's and felt all the tears go down my face. " Come on let's leave", Draco whispered to me. I nodded and we ran down the stairs.

We were stopped by Harry. " You killed Dumbeldore, and you Kathy I thought you were on our side but you were working for them", Harry said. I couldn't respond when Draco pulled me away. We ran all the way to Hagrid's hut.

Bellatrix had followed us and we saw her catch Hagrid's hut on fire. Draco grabbed my hand and we apparated .

Our feet landed on the ground and I looked up and saw Malfoy Manor. We walked in and saw Narcissa. She came up to Draco and I and hugged us both. "Hi darling is very nice to see you again", Narcissa says. "It's good to see you too", I said while smiling at her.

We walked into the meeting room to see the Dark Lord there. "Ahh yes, Hello Katherine and Draco", Voldemort said. "Hello my lord", Draco and I both said. "Good job on the vanishing cabinet and killing Albus", The dark lord replied. We just nodded when he continued ," We have decided that to keep you safe you and Draco will remain at Malfoy Manor for 7th year". "Yes my lord", I responded. Draco just nodded in agreement.
Draco and I walked up the stairs and down the hall. " Okay this is your room", he said pointing to the room right across from his. " Why can't I sleep in your room", I asked. " Because my father wouldn't approve, darling", He said. I rolled my eyes and he kissed the top of my head and said goodnight.

I went into my room and took off my dress and got into the shower. After my shwoer I changed into my pajamas and went into the bed. It was midnight and I was tossing and turning for hours, and I couldn't sleep.

I got up and went into Draco's room. I went closer to his bed and saw him asleep. I moved the hair out of his face which woke him up. "Couldn't sleep love", he said with a smirk. " Oh shut up", I said playfully, rolling my eyes. I got into the covers with him, and moved closer to him putting my head into his chest.

I fell asleep instantly in his arms.