Chapter 7: The Fight

I woke up early the next morning and got dressed in a simple purple shirt and jeans, with my wavy hair styled down. I left my room to see Pansy already sitting at the table eating breakfast. She noticed me but rolled her eyes but I ignored it because I didn't want to start a scene that could ruin my first day back.

We had just run through the wall and I had said goodbye to my parents and waited for Pansy to do the same. I started to look around when I saw Draco saying goodbye to his Mother. I was shocked at what I saw. Draco had a MAJOR glow up. He grew taller and his hair was not pushed back anymore, but it hung down with pieces of his hair falling onto his face. I snapped out of that thought when I had remembered that I was dating Cedric. Pansy then came over and we walked into the train and found a compartment.

I had sat with Pansy for a while and decided I was going to go find Cedric. I found him already sitting with our friends. He had spotted me at the door and instantly stood up as I ran into his arms and hugged him. " I've missed you so much Ced". I said, " I've missed you more Kathy". He said as he kissed me. "Ummm guys we're still here," Harry said awkwardly. "Oh right sorry guys, well how was your summer?" I asked as I sat down holding hands with Cedric. " It was great Ron, Hermione, Ginny, the twins, and I hung out all summer". Harry said enthusiastically. "You should join us next summer Kathy my mother would love to meet you at the Burrow," Ron said. "Maybe this summer I can join you. I'll ask my mother and father.

"Well, Kathy how was your summer"? Hermione asked "Very boring. I spent most of it in my room reading so I didn't have to talk with Pansy. But Pansy visited the Malfoy Manor a few times and hung out with Draco and Blaise. Draco, Blaise, and I just owled each other over the summer" I said.

We talked for a while when I saw Draco pass our compartment so I told everyone I would be back. I left the compartment and tapped Draco on the shoulder where he turned around and I jumped into his arms. We hugged for a while and we pulled apart when I said " Draco I missed you so much".
"I missed you too Kathy you don't even know how much, your sister gets annoying after a while", he said. It was weird how even though I was so happy with Cedric, I still found myself blushing and my heart beating faster at the sound of Draco's voice.

I started to laugh at his comment when he said, "Hey you want to sit with us for a while". "Yeah sure just let me tell my friends goodbye", I responded. Draco quickly added "Your still friend with Potter, Mudblood, and that Hufflepuff boyfriend of yours". "You know I hate when you call them that, I'll meet you in the compartment". I made it to the compartment with my friends and started saying my goodbyes. Cedric made a face that showed he knew where I was going. Cedric hated Draco, but he knew he was my best friend so he didn't stop me from seeing him . But it's not like I would have stopped anyway.

I kissed Cedric to calm him down and then waved goodbye to everyone and walked towards Draco's compartment. I walked into the compartment to see Pansy all over Draco and Blaise staring uncomfortably. I sat down next to Blaise and did a fake cough to get her attention. She stared at me then rolled her eyes and that's when I had enough of her BS. Then I did something I wouldn't have expected to do.

I slapped her face very hard leaving a mark. Draco and Blaise gasp in shock. Pansy was about to hit me when Draco quickly got up to protect me and said "don't you dare touch her". Blaise was holding Pansy back to not hurt me when I said "Pansy you're acting like a whore right now, you expect Draco to like you because you're all over him well guess what he doesn't want to date you! He doesn't like you in general! Pansy was shocked by my outburst and ran out of the compartment crying. I had sat down frustrated with Pansy when I had remembered Draco and Blaise were still there. I looked up to meet their eyes and they seemed shocked as well. "I'm sorry I don't know what came over me. I'll apologize once we make it to Hogwarts".

The rest of the ride to Hogwarts was fairly quiet. There were few eye contacts made but no talking whatsoever.