Chapter 16: Getting Closer

After about 2 months of not talking to Draco I had finally realized I could never be with someone as arrogant as him. Blaise and I have been spending time together. We study with one another, are partners in potions ,and hang out together a lot at Hogsmeade. I noticed how sweet and caring Blaise really is and I needed someone just like him in my life.

Today I entered the Great Hall and sat with Blaise. Dumbeldore had made an announcement that the Tri-Wizarding Tournament would be held at Hogwarts this year. He also said that we would be having a dance called the Yule ball on Christmas Eve. When he had announced that everyone had started to whisper between themselves about who they were going to ask or who they wanted to ask them. I didn't really want to even attend the Yule ball because I knew I would see Draco and Pansy together, but Blaise had convinced me too.

I had entered Mcgonagall's class and noticed the tables were pushed back and everyone was standing around the classroom. Mcgongall had stood in the center of the class and said we would be practicing the Waltz for the Yule ball. All the girls were jumping in excitement but the boys just groaned.

Mcgonagall had paired us up and I was with Blaise so I didn't complain. Blaise put his hand on my waist as I put my hand on his shoulder. We had started to Waltz when Blaise asked me, " So has anyone asked you to the Yule ball?" " Yes a couple people but I denied them, because they weren't really who I wanted to go with." I said. " Let me guess, you were expecting Draco to ask you?", He asked me while laughing. " Kind of but he is dating my sister so I gave up on that" I said. " Well I was wondering if you wanted to go with me since you don't have a date?". Blaise asked in a whispering tone. " Of course i'll go with you Blaise", I said. He smiled as we danced for a few minutes, until Mcgonagall said to switch partners.

I saw Blaise walking over to Pansy to ask her and she accepted. I looked around the room to see everyone paired up, that was until a hand stuck out towards me and I met the eyes of the person to see it was Draco. I shook my head no as he frowned and said " Look everyone else has a partner so let's just get it over with" I sighed and took his hand as he put his other hand on my waist and mine on his shoulder. We swayed to the music for a while looking deeply into each other's eyes. He broke it by saying " So has anyone asked you to the Yule ball yet?" "Actually Blaise has and I accepted" I said happily. He then proceeds to say "You're going with Zabini to the Yule ball?" " Yes I am, why are you jealous?" I said with a smirk on my face. " N-No absolutely not and anyways I'm going with Pansy". My smirk dropped at the sound of her name and I just agreed with him as we continued to dance.

Classes ended for the day and Hermione had taken me to Hogsmeade to go shopping for our Yule ball dresses. I had decided on a beautiful emerald green dress that was off the shoulders.