Chapter 31: Before Christmas

Katherine POV:
I owl my parents and they agreed I could stay over at Hogwarts during  Christmas break, but they told me the only exception is if I stay the entire summer with them. Draco and I have been getting along surprisingly.

I went to Diagon Alley on the first day of break to get all my friends their Christmas presents. I found all my friends presents but I was having a hard time finding the perfect gift for Draco. It took me a while but I found the perfect present. I decided on  a live photo book that has all the pictures we took together.

I purchased it and went back to the castle, and back to my dorm. I grabbed wrapping paper from the closet and started to wrap Draco's present in an emerald green wrapping paper with a silver bow on the top.

I finished wrapping the present, and went to the common room to put it under the tree. I started admiring  how beautiful the common room looked decorated for christmas. I felt someone in the room and turned around and saw Draco. He was holding a box and when he saw me he threw it into his pocket. I assumed it was for Crabbe,Goyle, or even Blaise. They have gotten distant since the whole cheating thing happened.

" Oh ummm sorry I just didn't want to disturb you", Draco said. " It's fine I was about to come and see you so we could work on the project.", I replied. "Okay well we can go up now if you'd like?" " Okay that sounds good".

We walked up the stairs and he opened the door for me as I walked in. I sat on his bed which smelled like him. Of peppermint and cologne just like I smelled in my Amortentia.

"So, should we get started?", I asked. " Yes but first I wanted to talk to you.", he said. He took a deep breath  then continued talking. I just wanted to say that I know a lot has happened between us and I wanted to start over. " Is Draco Malfoy apologizing?".
"Shut it, you'll only hear it once from me". "Ok Malfoy let's start over, I'm Katherine Panrkinson", I said while sticking my hand out. "Kathy not like that, your so stupid", Draco responded while laughing. " Okay okay let's just forget about the past events and we can start working on the project", I said. "Whatever you say love", Draco said.

I blushed at his comment because it drove me crazy when he called me love but he could not know that. I just walked over to his book's and threw one at him and said "Let's get started", while smiling.

We started to silently read about what we write in the essay. Every once in a while I would look up at Draco to see he was already looking at me. I would blush and look back down at my book.

After about 3 hours of working we decided to end for the day. I looked at the clock to see it was 12 A.M. I turned to Draco to see he was walking towards me. "Happy Christmas Draco", I said shyly. "Happy Christmas Kathy", he replied as he kissed my cheek. I felt my heart beat faster as I looked into his eyes as he backed away. "I-I will see you tomorrow to work?", I asked. " Of course", He replied. I nodded and walked out and mentally slapped myself for letting him kiss my cheek because I was letting him get to me again and I knew I had to control myself.

I went to sleep last night thinking about how tomorrow would be the day. I was going to tell Draco that we needed to stay as friends.
———————————————————————————

Hey guys this chapter is a little short, but our next chapter will be great so hope you like it.
Happy reading :)