Chapter 8: The Dream

We had made it to Hogwarts. I sat with Cedric, Ginny, and Luna on the carriage ride to the castle. I was at the Slytherin table watching the first years get sorted and saw that Draco and Blaise were comforting Pansy. I assumed they were on my side, especially Draco since this was about him in the first place. But I just ignored that assumption because they probably did it since they felt bad. Everyone had started to eat and I decided to go sit at the Hufflepuff table with Cedric. All the Hufflepuffs were staring at me, they all knew that Cedric and I were together but they didn't support me since I was a "Slytherin". 

Dinner ended and I made my way up to my dorm. I had requested a single person dorm since my first year and Dumbledore had finally agreed to it. I was glad I didn't have to share a dorm with Pansy because this year it seemed that a lot of drama would happen between us.

I was running up the astronomy tower with him following behind me. He chased me all the way up as I was giggling. I made it up out of breath but I didn't hear him anymore. I was then picked up from behind and turned to face him. Draco. He looked into my eyes and I felt my heart beat faster as he stepped closer to me. He stared deeply into my eyes and said " you know you can't run for me darling our love is too strong to keep us apart" I smiled and blushed at his comment when I saw he was staring from my eyes down to my lips. I couldn't take the tension that was happening between us so I closed the gap between our lips and I felt the whole world stop. It was just Draco and I , when we separated I put my forehead to his and whispered "I Love you Malfoy" he smiled and said, "I love you more than anything Kathy".

I woke up and realized that it was just a dream. But it felt so real, and I enjoyed it. No wait I'm with Cedric and I love Cedric right?

I walked down to the Great hall and sat with Cedric. I wasn't really paying attention until he had said " Kathy are you okay?" "huh yeah why would you say that?" I asked. "Well you're being really weird and haven't said anything to me", Cedric said. I didn't respond to what he said. I just couldn't stop thinking about my dream with Draco. I left the Great hall once it was time to leave for class. I was walking with Cedric to my DADA and he was telling me about a man who escaped from Azkaban named "Sirius Black". I learned that he is coming after Harry and that there are dementors all over the school.

We finally made it to class and Cedric kissed me and left to his first period. I walked in and immediately made eye contact with Draco but broke it when I felt myself blush. I stood across the classroom from him because I knew if I was any closer I wouldn't be able to control myself. Professor Lupin then began to say "Now repeat after me without wands please, Riddikulus" Then the Class repeated saying "Riddikulus!." I heard Draco mumble across the room " This class is riddikulus " and rolled his eyes.

I laughed at his comment and continued listening to Professor Lupin. We had lined up to open a closet to see our biggest fear. I was after Harry but when the closet had opened a dementor had popped out and I non-hastily stood in front of him and yelled "EXPECTO PATRONUM". A blue light in the shape of Lion came out  and the dementor had disappeared. The whole class had started clapping for me including Professor Lupin. Class ended and I was about to leave when the professor had told me to stay back and said "Katherine I saw you produce a Patronus today that is very advanced for the third year like you, and I wanted to congratulate you". "Thank you, professor, it was one of those spur-of-the-moment types of situations", I said.

I left the classroom when Cedric came and put his arm around my shoulder. "Hi babe let's walk to potions together", he said. "Sure", I said, feeling a little awkward. Me and Cedric were partners for a project in Snape's  class. We had received a decent score but Snape took off some points for me working with a Hufflepuff. I glanced over at Draco's table to see he was working with Pansy and I felt angry, I wasn't sure why because I'm with Cedric.

After classes were over I skipped dinner and went straight to my dorm where I thought about my dream with Draco. The thought eventually made me fall asleep.