Chapter 56: Arranged

Narcissa's POV:
I was in the living room drinking some tea when the doorbell had rang. I put my tea down and went to the door. I then saw Astoria's mother.

"Hello dear what brings you here", I asked. "Good evening Narcissa I came to talk to you about some news that would be rather pleasing", She replied. I nodded and invited her. I poured her some tea and we chatted.

"Well please tell me more about this", I continued. "Well since Draco's girlfriend had sadly passed away-", She said as I cut her off. "Katherine did not pass away she was hit with a sleeping curse, and she is still very much alive", I said starting to get a little frustrated.

" Yes well because of this....unfortunate event I think Draco should move on to new people for example Astoria", She said. " What are you trying to say", I said.

" I believe that Astoria and Draco should be put into an arranged marriage", She said. This was completely outrageous. This woman had come into my home wanting my son to get married to another woman while the love of his life was right up stairs.

I tried to stay as calm as possible. I put on a fake smile and said, " That is a very lovely offer but I think it's best for Draco to pick his own wife at his own time besides Katherine could wake up any day now"

I saw a frown form on her face. "Well we could set a date for the wedding and if she doesn't wake up before Draco will go through with the wedding, and I don't believe you have an option Narcissa, if you do not accept this offer I will happily go to the Ministry to prove you and your son guilty of being deatheaters, and you will be sent to Azkaban with your husband", She said with a evil smirk on her face.

I couldn't believe that she was blackmailing me, to marry my son to her daughter out of force.

" Very well then , I will be telling Draco about these arrangements. Now I ask you politely to leave my home", I said.

Her smirk grew wider as she said, " It was lovely to negotiate with you, Astoria and I will be coming later this week to discuss wedding plans", while walking out of the front door.

I let out a large sigh. I knew Draco would never agree with this decision, but it was the only way. I hoped Katherine would wake up before this wedding happened. She was the only woman I could ever see Draco with. They were perfect for each other; they cared for each other out of love and not just force.

A few day later*
Draco's POV:
I was in Kathy's room telling her about my day at my interview with the Ministry. The Ministry had sent me a letter saying they wanted me to work as an Auror. I was a bit skeptical because they knew I was a death eater so I didn't expect them to want me. But it went exceptionally well and I believe I have a chance.

I wish Kathy had been there to celebrate with me. I missed her so much.

I was continuing talking to Kathy when my mother had walked in.

"Draco I have some rather unfortunate news I needed to share with you", My mother said. " Is everything alright?", I asked. "Yes, but no you see Astoria's mother had come to visit me a few days ago", She said.

" Well that's a good thing right she is one of your closest friends", I replied. " Yes but she gave a rather horrific offer that I could refuse", She said.

" What was the offer?", I asked curiously. "She has set you and Astoria into an arranged marriage", She said in an audible whisper. I felt my heart drop.

"No mother, I'm sorry but I will not accept this offer. Kathy is the only one for me and I will wait for her until she wakes up", I replied. " I'm sorry Draco, but she threatened to send us to Azkaban if we don't accept this offer", She said.

How desperate was Astoria's mother to get her into a relationship. It's not my fault no one will love her. I love Kathy, and I will never love anyone else until my last breath.

"Draco?", My mother asked me. "Would you like to talk about it?" She asked me. "No, would you mind if I had some alone time to process this", I replied. She nodded and left the room.

I felt the tears flow down my face. I couldn't believe I had to marry someone like Astoria. I wasn't doing this out of love, I was doing this for my mother. I couldn't believe that she threatened my mother. That was supposed to be her closest friend.

I took a deep breath and looked over at Kathy. I kissed her forehead and said, " I'm so sorry I will find a way out of this", as I left the room.

Katherine's POV:
Draco was telling me about his interview with the ministry. I was so happy for him. I wish I could have hugged him, ,but I knew I couldn't

I heard Narcissa come into the room. She was talking about some offer that Astoria's mother had given her. She didn't seem very interested in that.
That's when it felt like the world had stopped. I couldn't believe what I heard. Draco was going to marry Astoria.

*A few weeks later*
I was in my room reading one of Kathy's favorite books to get my mind off the wedding that would be in a few months. But of course reading wasn't helpful when I got a knock on my door.

I didn't respond because I wanted to be alone. The person had knocked again and I became frustrated. I slammed the book shut and dropped it on the bed as I opened the door.

I was hoping it would just be my mother, but it was worse. It was Astoria.

"What are you doing here Astoria?", I asked with my jaw clenched. She pushed past me and sat on my bed. " Well I'm here to talk about our wedding since you haven't been communicating with me about it", Astoria said.

I rolled my eyes and said, "I've let my mother worry about wedding preparation, so I didn't have to talk to you about this."

She stood up and walked close to me and said, "Now Draco we will be husband and wife soon so communication is key to a happy and healthy relationship."

She was so close that I could feel her breath on my neck. I got angry because she thinks she could replace Kathy, but the truth is no one ever replaced her.

I flipped Astoria around so she was slammed against my wall and I had my arm around her so she wouldn't try escaping.

"Well this is new", she said with a smirk. I tighten my grip around her.

"When will you get it into that thick head of yours that I don't want to marry you, I don't want to date you, I don't even want to see your f*cking face in my home, so I want you to listen carefully. I will never love you nor will I ever like you, and Kathy will be the only one for me even if she doesn't wake up !!", I said angrily.

I could see the tears forming in her eyes as I said that. But the truth is I meant every word . I never loved Astoria and I never would. I was doing this for my mother.

"B-But Draco she won't ever wake up that's why you should move on and I can help you", Astoria said trying to move her arms out of my grasp.

"I don't want your help, and even though I am forced to marry you and eventually have children with you I will never change how I feel about you, and you want to know what I feel about you?....NOTHING", I said.

I let go of her as she breathed heavily. I met eyes with her and became even angrier. "Now get the f*ck out of room!!", I said.

She let out a sigh and walked out, not giving a second glance at me.

I jumped on my bed and stuffed my head into my pillow. "Kathy please come back and get me out of this awful situation", I said with tears in my eyes.

I fell asleep that night wishing that this was all a dream and I would wake up with Kathy by my side.