Chapter 37: The Break Up

Katherine POV:
I had exited the train and got into a carriage with Harry, Hermione, and Ron. We made it to Hogwarts and I walked into the Great Hall and took a seat at the Slytherin table. I looked across me and saw two unfamiliar faces.

"Hello, I'm Katherine Parkinson, who are you?"I asked, holding out my hand. The girl shaked my hand and said " Hi, I'm Ivy Hale and this is my twin brother Luka." "Hello nice to meet you , you can call me Luk." " Well nice to meet you both, we're are you guys from, I noticed your accent?" "Oh we're from America, from Ilvermorny'', Ivy said. " That's brilliant, I've always wanted to visit America". We talked for a while trying to get to know each other better.

Dumbledore started to make announcements about the new school year but I kept staring at the door. Draco said that he would get something and meet me but he was late.

The doors opened up to show Harry running into the Great hall with a broken bloody nose. I stood up and ran up to him and so did Hermione and Ron.

" Harry what happened?!", I asked. "Malfoy". I felt anger rise in my body. How could Draco do this to him? Did he do this out of anger or because he was bored?  

I grabbed Harry's hand and sat him down at the Gryffindor table and grabbed a Paper towel to clean up the blood. " Harry, your nose looks broken, maybe you should go to the Hospital Wing." "Would you like me to fix it for you? Personally, I think you look a little more devil-may-care this way, but it's up to you", Luna said. "Um... have you ever fixed a nose before?", Harry asked her. "No. But I've done several toes, and how different are they, really?" , she said. "Okay, yeah, sure, give it a go". "Episkey!". I heard a loud crack from Harry's nose. "Well? How do I look?", Harry asked. "Exceptionally ordinary", Luna stated. " I agree Harry", I said.

I heard the Great Hall dorm open and there he was. Draco. I stormed over to him and grabbed his arm pulling him out of the room. WHAT THE F**K WERE YOU THINKING BREAKING HARRY'S NOSE!. " He deserved it, he was spying on us", Draco said annoyed. "That doesn't give you a reason to break his nose", I replied. " Kathy just drop it, I'm going back to my dorm".
I grabbed his hand to stop him from leaving.

" You're not going anywhere, we still need to talk about why you have been so weird lately", I said. He took a deep breath and looked me directly in the eyes. " Kathy the reason I have been distant with you is because I've been thinking...". When he said that I got worried. Did something happen to him over the summer? " Okay well what have you thought about?" I said, trying to stay calm.   

I saw his eyes staring to water which made me very confused and concerned. " I-I think we should break up", Draco said. I felt as if someone had just stabbed me. " W-What why would you say something like that", I replied, breaking down crying. "I just lost feelings, and I think it's for the best''. " No Draco you don't mean that", I said. '' Yes I do", he said and walked off. 

I couldn't believe it. I lost him. He just broke up with me. I was heartbroken but I still loved him, but something inside me said that he still felt the same way.

I ran into the Slytherin common room, and ran into my dorm. I looked to see Ivy unpacking her stuff. " Oh Kathy you're here I was wondering if you- Kathy what happened", she said running towards me and pulled me into a hug. I explained to her my whole story with Draco and how he just broke up with me without a reason. She comforted me and understood.

" Kathy you deserve someone way better than him, but for now it's best if you stay away from guys and focus on yourself", Ivy said. She was right. I've spent the past 4 years at Hogwarts worrying about Cedric, Blaise, Harry, and Draco and never really focused on myself. I thanked Ivy for her helping and went straight to sleep. I woke up the next morning dedicated to focusing only on myself. Today was Hogsmeade day and I decided I would be getting my hair done.

I went into the salon and asked lately to just do anything with my hair. I sat in the chair for about 2 hours and then she finished. She handed me a mirror and I looked at my new hair.It was chopped off completely to my shoulders and I had blond highlights.

It was chopped off completely to my shoulders and I had blond highlights

I went back to my dorm and picked out an outfit from my closet. I decided to wear something I normally wouldn't wear because I wanted to focus on my self confidence.