Chapter 44: The Vanishing Cabinet

Draco has been ignoring me since I became a death eater. The dark lord had told me to  start working on the vanishing cabinet in the Room Of Requirement with Draco.

Before breakfast I started walking to the RR. I found the door in front of me and I walked in to find draco working on the cabinet. I walked closer when I saw him turn around with his wand. I shot my hands up in defence.

"Woah calm down Malfoy I'm just here so we can work on the cabinet", I said. He rolled his eyes and said, "Listen Parkinson I'm not bringing you into this mess, so you're not doing anything", He replied. " Draco this is a task from the Dark Lord so I don't have a choice unless you want him to kill me", I said.

"Kathy you don't get it, none of this was supposed to happen. I was doing this to protect you, and now you put yourself in danger all because you couldn't believe in yourself", Draco said. "Draco just drop it, and let's work on the cabinet", I said trying to grab my wand.

" No I need you to tell me why you decided to be f***king stupid and do something like! Like what were you thinking you know nothing about the Dark Lord he could kill you, he-", Draco said, but I interrupted.

" You know why I did this it's because I f***king love you, and I didnt want to see you get hurt again! I'm doing this to protect you , because I don't know what I would have done if something were to happen to you again!", I said angrily.

He stared at me shocked before he walked over and smashed his lips onto mine. I wrapped my hands around his neck while his were around my waist. He was asking for entrance, and I opened my mouth to let him slip his tongue in. After a couple minutes he started kissing my neck leaving love bites. I let out a small moan. We both pulled away to catch our breath. We were breathing heavily. "Katherine I love you", Draco said. "Draco I love you too", I said. There were silences but It wasn't awkward. I then said "We should continue working on the cabinet". He nods in agreement and we start working. From time to time I saw Draco smiling at me. We kept working until I noticed it was time to go to the Great Hall. "Kathy why don't we do something else", Draco said while he grabbed me closer to him.

"No Draco, everyone will be wondering where we are, let's go eat dinner", I said. He groaned and got up, and walked away. I followed him and we started to walk to the Great Hall. Draco intertwined his fingers with mine and we continued walking.

We were then stopped by Luk. "Oh hey Luk'', I said letting go of Draco's hand. "Hello Kathy I was wondering if you wanted to go to Slughorn's Party with me", Luk said, a little nervous. " Of course I would!", I replied.

He shot his head up and smiled. "Great I'll pick you up at 8 tomorrow night", He said. " Brilliant, well see you later", I said. I walked away pulling Draco's arm. He was quite the rest of the way, but I tried not to say anything. We parted ways as I sat down next to the Gryfindors and Ivy.

I was talking with Hermione, Ginny, and Ivy when I looked over at the Slytherin table to see Draco staring at me. He looked over at the door and back at me. I got what he was trying to say and turned to the girls and said "I'm going to the bathroom I'll be back." They nodded and I left.

I walked out and felt my arm being pulled into an empty classroom. I looked up and saw Draco. " Okay I'm here, why did you call me?", I said. " Why the hell did you accept to be Hale's date to Slughorn's party?", Draco said. " Well Slughorn said to bring a date and Luk asked me so I thought it would be great to go with a friend", I replied. "Well I don't think it's such a good idea because you're mine", Draco said walking closer to me. " Who said I was yours, if I remember we broke up a while ago".

" Well I guess I could change that", Draco said while leaning in. He closed the gap between us, and I felt myself kissing back as he smiled. After a few seconds he pulled away and said, "So does that change your mind", He said with a smirk. " I don't know, maybe you should try again", I said, grabbing his tie and pulling him in. He smirked and sat me on a desk as we makeout.

We pulled apart heavily breathing and he said, " So does this change anything". "Let's talk after Slughorn's party", I said climbing off the desk and walking out of the classroom leaving him alone