Chapter 38: The New Me

I walked into the Great Hall, and everyone's eyes were on me. "Take a picture, it will last longer", I said with an annoyed tone. Everyone's jaws dropped as they heard me talking. I sat at the Gryffindor table and Ron said to me, " wow Kathy you look different." I started laughing and said, " Is that a good thing". " Of course it is". A lot of people came up to me and completed my new hair.

Breakfast had ended and I made my way to potions. I walked in and the only seat left was next to Malfoy. I groaned and walked over to him. He looked up at me and widened his eyes. "Kathy, what did you do to yourself, you look great". I smirked and said " Thanks Malfoy, and you know I just wanted to try something new. He came closer to my ear and said " well you look hot". I smirked at his comment.

Half way through the class period I felt a hand on my thigh.  I looked to see Draco hand on it, he smirked at me and I rolled my eyes and continued to pay attention in class. Class ended and I felt someone grab my wrist and pulled me into a classroom. The person smashed their  lips onto mine and I looked up to see it was Draco. "Someone couldn't stay away from me". "Of course I couldn't have you looked at yourself today" I smiled at his comment and walked out of the classroom winking at him.

Draco's POV:
She walked into potions and I couldn't take my eyes off her. She looked breathtaking with her new hair style and that outfit under her robe. I put my hand on her thigh, and she didn't take it off. She just looked at me and smirked.

When class ended I pulled her into an empty classroom and smashed my lips on hers. She pulled away saying, "Someone couldn't stay away from me''. It was true I couldn't resist her. She walked out of the classroom and winked at me.

I couldn't believe I let her in again. She was just so hard to forget, and I knew I needed her. But I was doing this for her safety. I knew if the Dark lord were to find out about us being together, he would use her against me. 

I had to distance myself to keep her safe, even if that meant I lost her friendship.

Katherines POV:

Draco had kissed me and I couldn't stop grinning. I knew he would be mine again. I wasn't sure why he even broke up with me, but I could tell there was still a spark between us. 

The next day I walked into class and saw Draco. I greeted him but he just ignored me. He didn't even look at me the whole period. He walked right out of the classroom and I followed after him.  I grabbed his hand and said " Hey why were you ignoring me during class?".

He pushed his hand off of mine and said " Well I didn't really want to talk to you" My face dropped as he said that. " But what about the kiss we shared yesterday", I asked. "Look I wasn't trying to lead you on it just sort of happened, but it was a mistake, so that's why I'm asking you to just leave me alone."

He walked away leaving me in the empty hallway. I realized then that the Draco Malfoy I knew was gone. And he would never come back.