Chapter 24: Detention

Dumbledore made an announcement that there's a new teacher joining the school called Umbridge, everyone hated her the moment she stepped into the school .

I had received a detention from her because I forgot to turn in my DADA assignment since I had spent all night working on my Potions essay.

Everyone had told me that she gave unusual punishments for detention. I wasn't sure what that meant but I decided not to believe it since a lot of people make up dramatic stuff. I walked into the class and she said "Hello dear, so today you will be writing lines today. I nodded and went into my bag to pick up a quill. She stopped me and said, "No need, I have a special quill for you". I walked to her and she said I need to write on the quill "I will turn in my work on time". I started writing on the paper, when I felt my right arm hurting. I rolled up my sleeves to see the words carved on my arm.

She forced me to continue writing, I felt my eyes getting watery. I had enough of this torture, I ran out of her classroom when I bumped into someone, trying to cover up my arm. I realized I had bumped into Draco, he said "Kathy why are you bleeding", he grabbed my hand and noticed what was written on it, he then proceeded to ask "Who did this to you?". "Umbridge". "You need to go to the Hospital Wing", Draco said. "So now you care after calling me names and pulling pranks, after all that you decided to care". Draco grabbed my hand and dragged me to the hospital wing.

Draco POV:
Kathy had bumped into me and was bleeding, I saw what was written on her arm and I asked her who did this to her she said it was Umbridge. I immediately filled with range wanting to go have a talk with her but I knew she needed to go to the Hospital Wing. She started to question me about why I cared. I just wish she knew that I never stopped and I still loved her to this day. I took her by the hand and took her to the Hospital Wing.

Madame Pomfrey said that she will be fine. As Kathy was at the hospital Wing I decided to go visit Umbridge. I stormed into her office when she said " Ah Draco, just the person I wanted to see". I was confused by what she meant so I just let her continue. " You see I wanted to create a squad because everyone in Hogwarts has been very suspicious lately and I need to figure out what is happening." My mind immediately thought of Pottah. All I  wanted was to be able to bust him for something so I decided I would join. I completely forgot about Kathy because my mind was thinking about busting Pottah.

I wanted to go visit Kathy, but I knew I was the last person she wanted to see. I went to Pottah and the Mudblood to let them know that Kathy was in the Hospital Wing. I walked into the common room to see Blaise and Pansy making out and I rolled my eyes and went to my dorm. I fell asleep thinking how I wish things were different between Kathy and I.