Chapter 9: Amortentia

It had been a few weeks and I had gotten over the dreams I've been having about Draco. I had become a little distant with him but he didn't seem to notice.

I heard from Cedric we would be making Amortentia today. At first I wasn't positive about that  as until Cedric had explained it to me. It's basically a very powerful love potion where you can smell what or who attracts  you. I already came to the conclusion that I would smell Cedric because he was my boyfriend and all.

We had entered Snape's classroom and he had begun to say " Okay students today we will be making Amortentia, can anyone tell me what that is"? Hermione had raised her hand, and Snape had seen her but continued to look around the classroom until his eyes spotted me. "Ms. Parkinson, would you please answer my question".

"Umm yes sir.. It is the most powerful love potion where you can smell who or what attracts you". "Very good Ms. Parkinson, 10 points for Slytherin". "Now I want you all to start working with the person sitting next to you and then we will present what we smell at the end of the period. I had turned and saw that Hermione had already started making our batch I joined and we ended up being the first ones finished.

Everyone else had finished their Amortentia and we started lining up to say what we smelled. Cedric was first and he said he smelled "lavender, vanilla, and rose perfume. I smiled to myself knowing he smelled me and I knew he thought so also based on his facial expression.

I started walking up nervously to the cauldron worrying what I would smell. I took a whiff and instantly smelled peppermint, green apples, and a familiar cologne that I knew was Draco's . I had told the class what I had smelled and looked at Cedric to see he looked disappointed. I took a seat next to Cedric and he handed me a note and said not to read it until class was over. Cedric didn't talk to me for the rest of the period and when class ended he hurried out the door and I was left alone with the letter. I opened the letter and read:
Meet me near the Black Lake we need to talk
-cedric 

I realized that he must have found out I smelled Draco and he wanted to talk to me about it. I was worried about what he had to say and hoped he wouldn't be mad.

Draco's POV:
I walked up to the cauldron and smelled Lavender, vanilla, and rose perfume. I right away knew that it was Katherine but I lied saying I  smelled Citrus and coconut. Blaise had told me he smelled Pansy but he's always hated her so it came as a shock to me. When Katherine had told the class what she had smelled I was speechless. How was it possible? She smelled me... She's with Cedric. Why would she smell me, we don't even talk anymore. I snuck out of the classroom to clear my head and think about what I would say to her next time I saw her.

Katherines POV: I hurried over to the Black lake because I really wanted to hear what Cedric had to say. I saw Cedric already there with his head down in frustration . I went up and hugged him from behind but he pushed me off. I was confused and hurt but brushed it off.  I then said "Okay well you called me over ... what did you want to talk about"? "I know you smelled Malfoy in your Amortentia" when he had said that I felt guilty and looked down. He lifted my chin up with his finger and said "Hey its okay I always had the feeling you had a thing for Malfoy I tried to brush it off but it always seemed to come back and this just proved it" " I was thinking maybe it would be better to just stay as friends so we don't hurt each other in the end" I nodded at what he said because he was right. No matter how hard I tried I could never forget Malfoy.

I walked away from the Black lake leaving Cedric and making my way back to the common room. When I had made it inside I saw Draco, Blaise, and Pansy all sitting and talking . When they saw me enter they stopped whatever conversation they were having and I walked over. Pansy then began to say " look guys Katherine is back from her date with her little hufflepuff boyfriend, he's going to break up with her sooner or later". "Well Pansy no need to worry about that because Cedric and I just broke up". I said. They stared at me shocked when Draco stood up and hugged me tightly. He whispered in my ear " I'm so sorry Kathy he doesn't deserve you and I know you will find someone amazing." When he had said that I felt my heart beat increase. Him comforting me made me feel a lot better. The only issue was that he didn't know he was the reason Cedric and I broke up.