Chapter 25: The Secret Army

Kathy's POV:
Draco had taken me to the Hospital Wing and left. I had a guess that he went to go have a talk with Umbridge because he seemed very mad for what she did, which confused me. Madame Pomfrey had said I should stay the night in the Hospital Wing and I agreed. I was always looking at the door consistently as if  someone was going to come in. The door had opened and I felt my heartbeat faster. I saw that it was Harry, Hermione, and Ron. I smiled in disappointment expecting someone else.

"Oh Kathy what happened", Hermione asked me in a concerned tone. "Umbrigde made me write lines with this quill that carved words into my arm."  "She did it to you too?", Ron asked. "What do you mean " me too", has she done it to you?" I asked. "Well, Umbridge gave Harry detention and he had to write lines also and got the words  "I must not tell lies" carved into his arm." I was shocked at how cruel Umbridge was to do something like this to students.

"Well what did you do to get detention", I asked. " I questioned her about Voldemort returning; she had given me detention for "lying" and disturbing her class.

"Harry we should tell her", Hermione said. " Yeah I think you're right she could be a big help.", Harry said. "Wait tell me what, I'm so confused." I said.

"Okay look Kathy, Umbridge is never going to teach us any real defense spells, so the three of us created a secret army with the other Gryffindors where we meet in the room of requirements to learn spells that will help us defeat Voldemort, and we want you to join us."

I couldn't believe what I heard. A secret army in the room of requirements. I never saw them when I would pass by. Well I was busy in my own little world either worrying about school or Draco pranking me.

I looked up to see them waiting for an answer. " Of course I'll join you", I said. They smiled and said to meet them at 10 tomorrow night  in the room of requirements and then they left.

I was left in the Hospital Wing alone with my thoughts. I started to think about how I wish it was Draco who came through that door instead of them.