Is Something The Matter?

Illumi Zoldyck, the famous assassin had been in your life for a long time by now. You had quickly become great friends even though he was awful at showing emotions. It worked because you were the exact opposite from him. Emotional, talkative, very hyper. He liked that, and so he stuck around you. It quickly became routine to be around each other. But then came the other two men. Hisoka and Chrollo. The three of you seemed to be after the same thing. Power, money, strength. So you all trained together. Quickly, you became friends with the other two, drifting slightly from Illumi. It wasn't as if anything changed for you, but for Illumi, it was worlds of a difference. So he became jealous. He wanted your attention on him.

A while later, you were sent on a mission. A mission that you knew nothing about, simply the location and the time. You were unsure but both Hisoka and Chrollo encouraged you to take it, pointing out the pay, and the benefits. Illumi was also unsure, but he didn't speak up. So you went, and you were gone from the face of the earth for 6 months.

"Chai'anne."

"Oh! Illumi! How have you been? Tell me everything!" You quickly snapped back into your senses, jumping into his arms confidently. A few seconds passed before you realize your body reacted without thought, causing your blood to rush to your face, retracting your body.

"Is something the matter?" He spoke, looking down at your flushed complexion.

"No no! i'm okay, it's just a little toasty in here... Um.. come in, come in!" You moved behind him to close the door.

Welcoming the assassin into your home, you made your way over to the kitchen, pulling out two glasses of water, handing one to him and keeping one yourself. Before now, you hadn't had the chance to really look at him. His hair was as long as ever, maybe a little longer. Shiny and smooth, but this time, he wore it slicked back. His outfit, a black button up with black trousers, his strength clearly visible now. You weren't used to seeing him like this. He normally wore something simple, it seems like a lot changed while you were gone.

"I like what you've done with your hair." He spoke, breaking the silence.

"I didn't think you would notice." You said, petting your hair softly.

He got up from his chair and walked behind you, unsure of what he was doing, you turned around, only to be met with his belt buckle. Slowly moving your eyes up his body, you're met with his eyes. Dark and empty, but his expression showed something you would never have thought you'd see. Mouth slightly parted, eyebrows furrowed, cheeks flushed.

"What are you doi-"

He met his lips with yours in an instant. Shocked by the motion, your eyes turned wide and shocked, unsure of what to do. It wasn't a long kiss, it seemed mostly impulsive. It didn't feel romantic, instead, it felt like a 'what if'.

Quickly pushing him off, you stood up, taking a few steps back.

"I'm... im really sorry i didn't-" He began.

"I think you should go now." You said in a shaky tone.

You turned away and walked to the door, opening it and keeping your eyes glued to the floor.

Illumi's reaction stalled. He was always composed. Even he is not sure why he reacted this way. As he walked out the door, he turned in your direction, a worried expression plastered on him.

After he had left, you leaned against the wall. What the hell just happened...