The Reason Everything Happened

When you were born, your father and your mother were still together. You were the oldest child, their first born. You were born into a powerful and rich family. They took care of you very well and always attended to your needs, even though you were furthest from needy. You took the bare minimum but you were fine that way. As the years went by, your parents began to fight, they began to separate. At nights you would hear your mom cry in the halls, though you did not know what was wrong. One day, you went out of your room to look for your mother. You followed her song of tears. She was a beautiful woman. She had long black hair, it was shiny. Her face was as smooth as porcelain. Her hands were soft and her fingers were long and skinny. She played the piano for you, every night before bed. Her voice was the most beautiful of all. She would sing and you would listen, every single night. Until this day. You found her playing the piano, once more. Her hands were gliding the keyes with beautiful care and her skin flew in the moonlight. She was singing. A sad melody. Your father stood at the edge of the piano, leaning onto it. She was crying, but her voice was steady. He looked calm and soothed. You watched closely, not making a noise. Your mother's song ended. She leaned her head down into her hands and your father touched her shoulder. Her body began to dissolve into a golden dust. She was gone. Your father sighed and in his arms was a baby. Your new brother. You were 7 years old at this moment. You did not understand what had happened. You were afraid. You ran away from home, desperately looking for a way to bring your mother back. You never found a way. You ran into a man, Silva Zoldyck. From the beginning he saw great power within you. He gave you a home in his mansion with the condition that you would train along Illumi. He was only 2 years older than you. After you got settled in, you realized you missed your father. But you would never go back to him. He killed everything you had. Maybe he didn't do it, but he didn't try and stop it. He didn't deserve to have you back. You still cared for him, that's why when Chrollo mentioned your fathers possible death, you got defensive. Even though you hadn't seen him and you doubted that he cared for you, you didn't want him to die. You grew up close to Silva, more than anything. He became a father figure to you and much like an idol. The times you did see Illumi were when you were training and ocasional times whenever he would go to the garden with you. You were really never around him until you turned 15. You guys became friends after that, having finished training.

But more then anything, you wanted to meet your brother. You always wanted to meet him. You wanted to see if you saw your mother within him. But you knew nothing about him. You didn't know how he looked, sounded, his name, nothing. You could only wish...

(a/n)- ahhh sorry for the short chapter, this was kind of a backstory but it's necessary to the story and i felt it needed it's own chapter. :)