The Invasion (2)

As soon as you and Chrollo arrived at the event, a couple of men approached you asking for a pass. Chrollo gave it to them and you were able to go through immediately. You were escorted through the passes by a couple of men. Chrollo stayed calm and confident. You got lead into a tall building covered in windows and surrounded by armored men. You both walked in and saw hundreds of men and women speaking casually.

"Let's go honey." He said, holding you by your waist. "Remember what he talked about." He whispered into your ear, acting like he kissed your cheek.

Before you left, he told you what your role would be. You would split apart from him. He would go speak with the other men about what merchandise they were thinking of betting on, and you would go to the women and see what they knew.

He let go of your waist and headed to a group of men speaking. You went for a group of ladies gathered by the bar.

"Oh hey darlin'! Never seen you around, you new around here?" He blond lady asked.

"Well my husbands been around here before, just recently he asked me to come with him." You said, sitting in one of the seats.

"You know sweetheart, i wouldn't trust these men a lot. My owns been with around 20 of the other ladies here, they can't be trusted. Which ones yours?" An older woman asked.

You pointed at Chrollo. "The one on the left."

"Oh boy, he's a real eye catcher isn't he? Even i might have to have a romp in that hay." Said another woman, elbowing the blond lady.

"Yeah that's too bad. After all, he's mine." You said protectively, forgetting your mission for a second. "I- i mean, i just don't think that would work, i mean— the age difference and stuff you know."

"Listen here darlin', i'm trying to warn you. These men don't care about anything but money. You think he loves you as much as you think? You're wrong. He might 'love' you, but he actually only loves the thought of you. You, a young pretty lady, with a body like that... you can mesmerize any man. But, their true nature will always show." She pointed at Chrollo. "You see how he doesn't even bother to check on you. Look at his eyes. He's in love with the money, it's obvious. He's a real catch, yes, but he doesn't love you." She said, giggling and sipping her wine.

This made you think about the many times your love for him as been broken. As teenagers, he was hooking up with other girls while "being in love" with you. A few years after that, he lied to you then left for months. Now, he's different. You knew he was a man who deceived thousands, even now. He's lying to those men to gain profit for himself. He's lying to everyone, so why would he be lying to you?

"That would make sense, except i know he loves me. My talented, handsome husband is not where comparable to the trash you're married to. He would never share his body with anyone but me. He would never share his love for anyone else, much less money. Don't be ridiculous." You spat.

The blond woman's hand lifted in a motion to smack you. You caught her hand mid air, and sipped your wine.

"Don't touch me with your filthy hands." You threatened, tightening your grip. "Be a sweetheart and tell me a few things, i promise nothing will happen." You said, with a smile.

The woman nodded. You told the other woman to keep their mouths shut, and they agreed. You asked them if they new where they merchandise was, and one of the women, being married to the boss knew.

"There's a map in the highest floor, it's in an office. My husband has the keys in his pocket— i can try and get them for y-"

"It's fine. I don't need help. Where is the room located at?

"It's the room at the end of the hall."

You nodded and dismissed the women. They appeared relieved, as they sensed your power. You walked to Chrollo and pulled him to the side.

"Act like i feel sick and escort me to the bathroom." You whispered into his ear.

He immediately picked you up, bridal style and began to walk you away from the crowd. He had a worried look on his face 'what a good actor' you thought.

You reached the bathroom and he let you down.

"What do you have?" He asked eagerly.

"A woman happened to be the husband of the boss. She told me where a map would be and told me her husband has the keys. I know who he is, i just need to get the keys. I need you to cover for me."

"Perfect." He said, kissing you fierily. His hand went to the back of your head, pushing you harder onto him. His free hand flew to your core, grasping everything at his touch. You jumped but melted into his touch.

After a few moments, you pushed him off of you, recollecting your breath. "What's with that?" You asked completely out of breath.

"Sorry. Force of habit."

"Force of habit?? Say that again?"

"I mean, i just get really excited when things go well, and well... your lips seemed like the best option."

"Yeah? So why try and finger me you perv?" You asked, fixing your makeup in the mirror.

"Tempting, Annie. You body just screams out to me." He whispered, leaning into your body from behind. His hands, clasped at your sides. His crotch pressed onto your behind. His chest pressed against your back. His lips kissing your neck. "Ah see, i'm getting distracted." He said, getting off of you.

You giggled and nodded at him, back in action. Before walking out of the bathroom, Chrollo made sure no one was around. You activated your nen when he gave you the clear, and you were now invisible. Both, you and him, walked out of the bathroom back into the main hall. To the public, he was alone. You walked faster, avoiding bumping into anyone. You reached the man, and made sure you would hit anyone. Your reached into his pocket, feeling for keys. Nothing was there. Your reached into his other pocket and found nothing. You were in a panic. Before acting again, you took a deep breath. You looked at his vest and say a pocket, with something inside. You reached in, and felt the keys. Your pulled them out fast and jolted back. Looking back at him, he was patting his body, looking for the keys you just took. He pulled out his phone.

"I lost the keys. Secure the place, lock it down. They're here. DO NOT LET THEM ESCAPE."

You ran back to Chrollo, who was sitting alone. You tapped his shoulder, to which he new it was you. Within a matter of seconds, he activated his nen, and the whole building fell silent. The lights snapped off and the doors swung open. Everyone was frozen in time, except for him. He got up, took in a deep breath, and touched you. Immediately, you became unfrozen.

"Wha-what was that?" You questioned, completely shocked.

"It's cool huh? So did you get them?" He asked, holding your hands, opening them.

"Yes, let's go." You said, grabbing his hand and running. This feeling was something you craved for. The adrenaline to be doing the bad. You knew it was wrong yet it felt so good. Rebelling not only against the laws, but against nature itself, it was freeing. Freedom is what you looked for . Going against those rules that kept you so put in place, you disliked that. Being able to do as you pleased, it was freedom. In this very moment, running against the halls of a completely dark and quiet building, doing everything that would be viewed as 'bad', with a man you trusted more than life itself, that shared the same ideals as you... this was life. This was happiness. You could feel the urge and the craving for this constant feeling. You could feel this evil mindset flowing into you, and you liked it.

You reached the room, opened the door, and found it. The map. Chrollo called Feitan and informed him of where the merchandise lay. As soon as he hung up the phone, sirens began to go off. This meant more soldiers would arrive to secure the premises. It was time for the rest of the troupe to take action. It's beginning.