Dear Electronics

Dear Electronics,

You hold dominion over the time I spend. The majority of my leisure is dedicated to you. People call you an addiction, but you possess the power to do a lot of good.

You connect people to their friends, families, and even allow room to connect to new people. Strangers lurk the internet, but so do they in real-life. We're told to be cautious of strangers online; the same holds true for real-life. Whatever precautions we take online heavily overlap with the ones in real-life. All one has to do is get to know the strangers before considering them friends.

You give people a new medium to fulfill their obligations. It could be an assignment from school or work. Rather than do it on paper, they have the convenience to do it on you. If they can't finish it in one sitting, they have the luxury to save their progress and continue in a different time. Correcting errors are tedious, but less so when they can simply go to where the error is and edit it out with a few taps on the keyboard. With paper, people would be lucky if all they need to add is a period.

You are copiously cited for the reason people live sedentary lifestyles. That issue can easily be mitigated by searching for workout videos or listening to music. The former is used for the entire worker, and the latter is used in conjunction of an existing workout.

Most of all, you provide people ways to find entertainment. You have a multitude of platforms for it. They can listen to music, watch television, read articles, and play games.

You are the entire city compressed into a handheld device. You are essential for daily life. I hope you are here to stay for generations to come.

Sincerely,
Jared