Hurricane

You didn't deserve this. You deserved better.

You were happy with your girlfriend. Both of you laid the foundations, your roots to blossom into a wonderful tree, but now, that tree is destroyed, blown away by a hurricane, the damage being irreparable.

This hurricane was the darkness. He had a hidden agenda. He took pleasure in ravaging everything in his path. He hated seeing you and your girlfriend happy, for he was so bitter and jealous to the point he tore both of you apart. He thought it was unfair both of you were happy when the darkness was not.

You tried to resist, tried your best to resist, but each time the hurricane came, you lost your morale. Your girlfriend tried to keep her morale. Though you were losing yours, it was enough the girl kept hers up until a certain point. There came a point you couldn't hold the tree together anymore, that it was the girl holding it all together. The girl encouraged you to hold on, to never let go, to never give up, but it wasn't helping as the hurricane kept coming.

One day, your girlfriend held so tight, her arms were at its weakest, and just when you were starting to regain your morale, to hold on to the tree, the hurricane came again, and this time, there was no turning back. The tree finally fell, the roots exposed, and everything about the tree decomposing.

Who was to blame for all this? You could blame the hurricane, but it did its part. It was how you reacted to the hurricane, how you gave up each time it blew on you, and that's why I'm sorry for you. Even though you are to blame, you can still be that good boy, for I am sure the good boy within you is trying to break past the hurricane even with the tree gone.

The tree wasn't just a tree. It was a special tree, the only tree that grew in this area, the very tree that would've given leeway for more growth, more trees that would blossom in the future, each representing how far you and your love would go, but now, it's gone.

But don't think of this as the end, this break up is not the end. The same goes for your ex-girlfriend. Both of you have a life beyond each other, you both have talent worthy of recognition. You can wish all you want to change the past, but realize the time to charge for the better is now. Be the good person your ex saw in you even if she doesn't come back to you.