Chapter Fifteen

Heath's POV.

"Heath, you are back ag........ Who is that and what happened to her?" Amanda questioned referring to the unconscious body of Liana in my arms.

"I don't know, I found her in the rain!" I shouted over the noise of the rain. It seemed the rain has increased its intensity filling our ears with its noise.

"Come, bring her here, we need to strip off her wet clothes and make her warm."  She called out urging me to bring her to the guest room downstairs. I took her there and laid her on the bed.

"What? Why are you moving your eyes like that?" I asked her. She was trying to tell me something and to her, I should know what it is.

"Get out, I need to strip her clothes." She said causing me to roll my eyes at her.

"It's not like I have not seen a naked woman before. I see them every day." I said sarcastically.

"Whatever, but I am not allowing you to see this one. Now get out you manwhore"  She playfully threw a small pillow at me in a quest to make me leave the room.

"I am not leaving because you said so, but because I respect her. I am going to call the doctor."  I exited the room while simultaneously scrolling down my contact to find doctor Martins'. Once I found it, I tapped it, waiting patiently for him to pick up.

"Hello"  I heard his cheerful deep voice call out at the other side of the call.

"Hello Andrew, it's me, Heath. I need your help right now."

"Right now? What sort of help?

"I am at my sister's house and there is an emergency: an unconscious lady"

"But Mr. Miller it is raining how am I going to possibly come over?. I can't even go to the next block much more your sister's."

"I know but It is urgent an........"

"Heath! Heath! she is shaking, she is shaking."

Amanda screamed from the guest room and I ran in to see that she was indeed shaking profusely. Amanda held a panicked countenance and she looked like she will be crying any moment from now.

"Listen Andrew, I don't know what you will do but get here right now. If anything happens to her I will never forgive you!" I bellowed into the phone.

"Relax Heath, I will see what I can do. But please do this for me. Kindly soak a towel in warm water and gently massage her body with it. that will help with the cold until I get there. I will be there in twenty."He said then hanged up.

"Let me go and make the warm water."  Amanda said. She exited the room and returned moments later with a bowl of lukewarm water and a black towel. I was holding Liana's right hand and her shivering has reduced.

"Here let me do it." I moved from where I was standing to give her access and the space to do what the doctor asked. Fortunately, after minutes of her cleaning her with the lukewarm water, she stopped shivering and we covered her with a thick blanket.

"This should do brother, now wipe that worried look on your face. She will be fine."  Look who is telling me this. Moments earlier, she looked like she will pee in her pants now she is acting brave telling me not to worry.

"I can't help it, Mandy. Where was she going and what was she doing in the rain?" I asked, my mind still trying to understand her actions. I mean who walks in heavy rain like that?

"Do you know her?"

"I do. She works at the club La Casablanca."

"I was least expecting that brother. Thought she meant more to you. But that explains your panic."