Chapter Seventy

"Ma'am, your meal is ready." Celine, her new cook informed her. She was hungry and was craving something spicy.

"Dad, let's go and eat." Mr. Gonzalez was there to help her knit clothes and blankets for her baby and also to decorate the baby's room. They found it as a way of bonding more.

"Celine, I need a favor from you."

"What is it, ma'am? I will do anything for you if it's within my power."

"I need a foot massage, my feets hurt." She has grown huge to the extent that she could barely see her feet. She was in her ninth month and her dew date was very near. She had relieved herself of her official duties and made her general manager take over. Every week, a report is sent to her and through that, she gets to know what is going on there.

"That's simple ma'am. No problem. Just call me when you are done eating."

She, together with Mr. Gonzalez went to her dining room where the table was set.

The older man was now strong and healthy. He almost looked like a young man. He told her earlier that at some point in his illness he pretended. Like the time he signed the document for Carmine. He said he knew if he didn't sign it, she would continue pestering him and will later use dubious ways to have his properties. So he signed it and then alerted his lawyer. When he realized that Carmine got the will from his lawyer, he fired that lawyer and got a more trusted one. One who wouldn't be moved by lust to betray him.

"Why are you staring at me dad? Did I do anything bad?" She asked after she has pulled his chair for him to sit down.

"You are beautiful darling and you are so polite. You know I am strong enough to pull my own chair. You didn't have to bother."

"I wanted to dad. I want to pamper you. You have done a lot for me. You took me out of poverty and supported me to be who I am today. I am grateful."

"You deserve everything. You did all the hard work and I can't also take credit for something your husband did. He helped you. He was behind you in everything, supporting you and giving you motivation. When you started school he made sure to provide for you."

"Dad!" her mood had changed by the mention of her husband.

"Let me talk dear. I know you are a good woman. You don't deserve all that happened to you but it has already happened and I am glad it didn't break you. It only made you strong and all thanks to that young man. Remember where you came from and where you have gotten because of him. He was wrong to have done what he did. He sinned against you and that only makes him human. Anyone around you who doesn't sin against you is not real. That person is fake. He loves you. I have talked with him and you could see how sorry he is."

"Dad, please eat. "

"Please, baby, think about this. I know you love him too. Your type of love was made in heaven, it can't easily be destroyed just like mine and Samantha's. It was only death that separated us. Yet still, our love never died."

"Do you miss her" she murmured

"All the time. She was my first and last love."

"That reminds me........" He stood up and went to the living room. He returned with a brown envelope.

"There is something I have to tell you. In this envelope are very important details about you. Do you remember the first time I saw you?"

"Yes, you were scared as if you have seen a ghost." She laughed, remembering how the older man behaved that day.

"That is because I thought I have actually seen one." The resemblance was so shocking.

"What are you talking about?" Her eyebrow was lifted in a confused manner.