Chapter Fifty

Liana's POV

"With a girl?" I asked as surprised as I could be.

"Yes, she seems to be in her early twenties. A very pretty girl."

"Blond hair?" I asked knowing exactly who she is talking about yet I hope she will say no. If he is going out with someone, I will prefer it's not someone I know.

"Yeah, blond hair and a little taller than you."

"Oh, okay." I spoke absentmindedly.

"Are you okay? Do you know the girl I am talking about?" She asked, confused.

"Yes, I do. Can we just meet some other time? I have to go." I said in haste, not waiting for her reply. I picked up my car keys and my purse and was out the door before she could say a word. I knew I left her wondering what was going on but I couldn't stay for a minute. The emotions that were going through me were so strong that if I didn't leave there that instant, I would have done something that I will regret later.

As I drove home, my mind was occupied, unanswered questions flooded it and for as long as those questions were unanswered, they made me angry. I needed answers and the only one that can answer my questions is my husband.

"But are you ready to trust his answers? Will he tell you the truth?" I asked myself these questions over and over again. I had to park my car by the side of the road to take a deep breath, to think over what I will do.

"No, do not approach him this way. Let him think you do not know and see what will happen. That is the only way you will know the truth. He will deny it if you confront him right now." A. voice inside my head advised.

"No, he is cheating on you with that girl. Let him know you know and fire that girl. Kick her out of your home before she kicks you out." A more aggressive voice said.

Now I was at crossroads, not knowing what to do. I have been in such difficult times before and when I do, I always make the wrong choice. Now is the time to make the right choice but which is it? The more I thought about it the crazier I become. In the end, I drove home without a plan.

The first person I met when I got home was Annie, she greeted me normally, as if she might or might not be sleeping with my husband. What angered me more was that he ignored my calls because he was with her. This is very disrespectful and degrading.

"How are you, Annie?"

"I am fine Ma'am."

"And how is your mum, I heard you went to visit her?"

"She is fine as well. She scared me when she said she was not well but it was a minor headache".

"Oh that's good. Have you seen my husband today? Been trying to reach him but he is not answering my calls." I looked at her very carefully. She didn't give out any attitude or reaction that will make me suspect her.

"Oh yes, he is in your room. He has been home for a while."

"Okay thank you, but during the day did you by any chance see him?. You see I was out of the house very early in the morning and when I came back he was gone. I want to know whether he was fine when he left home."

"No ma'am I didn't see him until this evening."

That was all I needed to hear. She lying to me means there is something definitely going on between them.

"Okay. Please tell Melinda not to bother bringing food to me. And don't worry about Junior, Melinda will take care of him. Goodnight." There was no friendliness in my voice and I am sure she got the message that I was trying to send across.