Chapter Sixty-Nine

"Your honor, the defendants caused emotional trauma and stress to my client during her stay with them. At the time that my client moved in with them, she was expecting Mr. Smith's baby and by his own hands, she lost the baby. I am sure that we have enough pieces of evidence from the video played the last time." Megan, Liana's initial attorney said. It was Megan she hired as her lawyer but due to certain unchangeable circumstances, Megan made her colleague, Felix Whiteman stand-in for her. After the incident at the courthouse, Liana fired Felix and requested that Megan takes up the case. Luckily for her, she was in the country and available, therefore, she agreed.

Pharrell was assigned a state attorney since Mark has been stripped of the attorney title and his license has been taken away from him. He has been banned from working in the court and from working as a lawyer. He was earlier arrested and later released on bail. In all this, he hasn't been found guilty of any crime. His only crime was to conspire with a criminal to tamper with DNA results and to send an innocent woman to jail.

"I was not here on the day the videos were played but I have watched them. In those audios and videos, Mr. Smith's motive for hating my client was very clear. And the claim my client made that he tried killing her was confirmed by his own confessions in the videos. I, therefore, beseech thee that he should be given a befitting sentence that will make up for all the pain and trauma he had caused my client, Mrs. Liana Miller. Thank you."

She was pleased that she has cut her point across and from the look on Pharrell and his lawyer's faces, you could tell that they already feel defeated. There was nothing under the sun that they could say that will save him now. If there were no videos and audios, they could have lied their way through it but here lies the case the whole of America has heard and watched his videos. The reputation that he has tried so hard to build was now destroyed beyond repair. Even if he would be released, he wouldn't be able to walk with his head held high anymore, neither can his wife. Prison has not been fair to her. She looked pale. The corner of her lips was bruised since she got into a fight. There were bags under her eyes. She looked tired, miserable, and could pass off as a madwoman. Her hair was matted because she failed to take care of it and she had drastically lost weight. When her husband saw her, he couldn't believe his eyes. He couldn't believe she was the same woman he had fallen in love with years ago. He even compared her to Liana who sat among the congregation, neatly dressed and well-fed.

"I believe the jury has made a decision?" The preceding g judge asked.

"Yes your honor." a juror responded.

"Do you find this couple guilty of all charges pressed against them, which include attempting to murder, fraud, physical abuse of a pregnant woman and a child, conspiracy to commit murder, defamation, and tampering with evidence(DNA)?. "

"Guilty!" The first juror said.

"Guilty!" Another said. In this way, all twelve members of the jury pronounced them guilty. Tears were rolling out of Carmine's eyes. Their fate was being decided and she knew there was no way to escape this mess.

"Having been found guilty by the supreme court of law, I sentence Mr. Pharrell Smith to forty years in prison without parole for attempted murder, five years for frauding, and five years for tampering with evidence. His Wife Mrs. Carmine Smith, is sentenced to fifteen years in jail for conspiracy to commit murder, twenty-five years for the attempt to kill her father, Mr. Emilio Gonzalez, and ten years for hiring hitmen to assassinate her lover, Mr. Charles Bartson."

Until now, Pharrell didn't have an idea that his wife had a lover. It was during the hearings that evidence appeared where it was revealed that she spent a whole lot of her husband's fortune on the said man.

The judge, hit his gavel, sealing his sentence.

"No! Please don't do this to me. I am innocent!" She sorrowfully cried out, as she was being escorted from the court. Pharrell was quiet with his face scrunched. He was furious and wanted to have revenge. His gaze was on Liana the whole time the hearing was going on and he thought of ways to make her pay. He wanted revenge and he wanted it now so as he was being escorted out, he carefully pulled out the gun of one of the officers and aimed it at Liana, pulling the trigger before anyone will think of stopping him. No one's attention was on him except Annie's, who came to testify in court. She was sitting at Liana's back and from there, she could see whatever that was going on, including what Pharrell was about to do.

"Liana no!" She shouted like a madwoman and moved to push Liana away from where she was sitting. Luck was not on her side when the bullet hit her instead.

"Ahhhh!" She groaned in pain, falling on Liana.

"Bang! bang!"

A cop shot at Pharrell who was making another attempt after his first attempt failed. The bullet hit him in the chest and the second one hit his neck, killing him instantly. The cop was a pretty good shooter as he didn't arm any of his colleagues who were around Pharrell and from the distance from which he pulled the trigger, he showcased a lot of professionalism and skills.

"Annie please wake up! Wake up, you can't die on me."She supported Annie, who was struggling to keep her eyes open. She has been shot in her arm and the bullet bruised her left breast.

"Don't close your eyes, you will be alright. Someone, please help!"

"I-i-i-i am sorry M-a-ma-ma'am Li-i-ana. I d-deserve t-this."

"Hey, it's okay. I have already forgiven you. Please keep your strength and stay with me."

It took the paramedics two minutes to get there. When they arrived, none of them checked whether Pharrell was alive, rather, they all rushed to Annie.

"Forg--ive m-me L-iana!" Annie could be heard saying whiles she was being taken away on a stretcher.

Liana was shaken. She couldn't wrap her mind around what just happened. She had to say it out loud to understand what happened.

"He tried to kill me, He fucking tried to kill me again!" She panted. Her hand was placed over her chest, to feel how fast it was beating. If not for Annie she would have died along with her baby.

She is in the seventh month of her pregnancy and her bump was very visible as all pregnancy in that stage is. She placed her other hand which was soiled with Annie's blood on her bump as if to assure the baby that they are okay.

Liana's POV

The day was bright with a not so hot weather. This kind of weather calls for a day at the beach but all I could think of was staying in bed all day. I didn't feel like doing anything, especially after the nightmare I just had. It was a dream of Pharrell telling me that he will come for me. This is not the first time I have had that dream. Had it a couple of times but this time, I made sure I placed him in his rightful place. I told him I have forgiven him and that he can now rot in hell. I am hopeful that this will end it all. He has destroyed my life and I won't ever allow him to continue to torture me even in death. He is a demon and I know he is where he belongs: in hell with his father Lucifer and if he dares fucking appear in my dreams again, I will make sure I kill him because I am no longer the soft girl he fooled.

ONE MORE CHAPTERS TO GO GUYS. I AM THINKING OF ADDING A BONUS CHAPTER BUT THAT WILL DEPEND ON YOUR COMMENTS. MIGHT PUBLISH THE LAST CHAPTER TODAY OR TOMORROW. PLEASE LIKE ALL THE CHAPTERS IF YOU HAVEN'T. I THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT.