Chapter Eight

Lia's POV

I walked down the lane to Velma's house which was just five blocks from the club. I had informed Louisa that I was going to meet a friend because Velma was asleep when I was leaving. I had no idea where to find Pharrell but if what Velma told me was the truth and that he comes to the club then it would be easy to track him there and working there will be an advantage. I need the money anyway since i don't know how long i will be living here.

"Hey you are back?"

"Yeah. Good evening and sorry I didn't wait for you to wake up before leaving."

"Oh it is not a problem dear. Louisa told me. So tell me, how did it go with Mr. lover boy?"

"Mr. lover boy?" I asked confused about what she meant.

"Yeah, your boyfriend. Wasn't he the one you went to meet?"

"Oh him? about that I was wondering if I can stay here for a couple of days. Remember I told you I came to pay him a surprise visit?"

She nodded not knowing where I was going with the conversation .

"It seems he has travelled out of the country and will be returning in a couple of days."

"Oh okay. No problem dear. You can be here as long as you want."

I felt bad for lying but I had no choice.

"Thank you so much. I also kinda got a job at the club just few blocks away from here."

"A job? at La Casablanca? w-why would you work there. You don't even need to work so far as you are here. You are my guest."

"No I want to. I don't want to be dependent on you and add my burdens to yours."

"I don't have any burdens dear, come on i am wealthy and can afford to take care of both of us. Now go and change then come downstairs for dinner. We will talk about the job later."

I went off to freshen up and after about fifteen minutes later I returned for dinner as she instructed.

"So when are you expected to start this new job?"

"Tomorrow at 5:00."

"That soon, couldn't they give you at least a week before you start."

"I decided to. I need the extra money. The boss wanted me to start at the end of the month"

"Is there any hospital around?"

I asked her before I forget and also as a way of taking the topic away from my job. But I regretted it as soon as I asked

"Hospital? are you sick, are you okay, aren't you well?"

She asked in one breathe and I had to gesture with my hand for her to calm down.

"I am fine Velma, I just need a routine check up."

"Is that so? Then I can make an appointment with my doctor for you. He works at the state hospital."

"Is that okay with you?"

I asked surprised that she will go that far to help me. I mean she has already done a lot for me and I didn't expect this at all.

"Of course, what are friends for. I will ask him and let you know."

"Gracias Velma( Thank you Velma)."

"No es nada querido( its nothing dear)

"Muchas gracias de verdad(really thank you very much)."

Third person POV