Chapter Fifty-One

Waiting for something so important can sometimes make you impatient and that is how I have been feeling these past days. Honestly, I don't know how I went through the week or where all the days went to. I went to bed, woke and then boom!, We are at the end of the week. But finally, the day is here.. The day when Pharrell will be placed in his rightful place. The day that he will be restrained from coming close to my son or having any form of contact with him. The day that I will look into his face and laugh because I have defeated him. The day that I will finally have peace and a break from all the drama.

I woke up earlier than usual, with nothing to do. I got out of bed around 5:00 am and decided to make breakfast. It's been ages since I last cooked for my family and since I couldn't go back to bed, I thought it wise to prepare it. At least it will serve as a distraction from the anxiety and excitement I am feeling. The hearing is at eight, which leaves me about two hours to get ready. I used an hour to make the breakfast. When I was almost done, Melinda walked into the kitchen with her eyes half closed because she just woke up, not expecting me to be there at that time.

"Ma'am what are you doing?" She asked panicked.

"I am making breakfast for everyone today."

"But ma'am that is my job. If you are hungry you know you can just tell me and I will prepare everything. You do not have to stress yourself."

"Don't worry. I wanted to make it today. You deserve a break."

"Oh now I feel bad." She said, pursing her lips.

"Don't be. Instead of standing there why don't you help me set the table."

"Okay ma'am." Asking her to help me made her smile. Melinda loves cooking and that passion can be tasted in every meal she prepares. When she is not well, you can discern it from tasting her food.

"By the way ma'am, these smell so good!" She blurted.

"Thank you, there is enough for everyone." I handed her the dished foods and she helped me set the table.

"Melinda please inform my hus.........."

"Damn Melinda, what did you prepare today? The aroma woke me up. Hi babe." He placed a kiss on my lips and took his seat at the head of the table.

Melinda giggled. "Sir I am not the one who prepared it. Ma'am did" She answered and excused us.

"Oh wow babe, are we celebrating something?" He joked, making me laugh. I don't know why I am in a happy mood today. Perhaps it's because today the jury will judge in my favor.

Three days ago, Alex delivered the test results of both the DNA test and that of Mr. Gonzalez's medication. The DNA came out negative as expected but there was something strange about the medication, which I will deal with later.

"Nope we are not celebrating anything."

"Oh okay. Well done babe." He urged me to sit by him. I didn't hesitate to do so. I have been ignoring him for three or so days but I chose to be at peace with him today.

"Melinda!"

"Yes ma'am." she answered from the kitchen.

"Please get Annie. You two should come and sit at the table with us."

Moments later, she returned with Annie. They took their seats and I asked them to help themselves with the food.

I checked the time on my wristwatch. It read 6:30. I mentally planned to have a quick bath and dress up within thirty minutes so that I wouldn't be late.

"Babe, shouldn't we be getting ready for the court hearing?" Heath shocked me with his question. Since this legal case started, he has never shown interest in it despite the fact that another man is fighting for custody of his son. I questioned him once and he told me that it's clear Junior is his son and whatever Pharrell will do, he will never have him so he wouldn't waste his time.

"Close your mouth, A fly will enter." He mocked.

"Please what did you do to my husband?" A loud laughter erupted from his lips.

"What a silly question? Junior is my son and the hearing concerns me, so is it bad to ask?"

"No no, I mean you amaze me. I thought you said it is time wastage?"

"Yes it is but I have to give you some support, plus I want to see the face of that Lunatic when he loses this case." He chuckled.

"Well, if you want to come along then we must start getting ready. It starts at 8:00 am."

"Annie, please when you are done with your meal, get Junior ready for school," I ordered and stood up simultaneously when Heath did. He held my hand and walked with me to our room. I am a bit confused about how he is behaving. He is acting strangely like he has come back to his old self. He is being so loving and even complimented my outfit, something he hasn't done in a long time.

Third Person's POV

He has been looking forward to this day. To him, events of this day have two outcomes: either he emerges victorious and regains everything he has lost or he loses and then loses everything including his father-in-law's wealth. To him, the latter is not an option and he has been trying to think positively. As everyone knows, he never loses or gives up when he wants something.

"You look good buddy. You already look like a victor. Are you ready to go?" Mark asked him.

"Yes, I am. I can't wait to see the bitch's face when I take the boy away from her."

"Hahaha! likewise. We will make sure she learns who the boss is. She started this war and she must as well end it. Too bad she is going to lose." Mark Mocked.

Pharrell smirked and reached out for his coat. Mark followed behind his trails as they made their way out of Pharrell's home.

Coincidentally, the time that they got to the court was the same time Heath and his wife arrived so they were able to engage in a stern-look battle before they walked into the hall. Liana made sure that her countenance was neutral while Pharrell, scoffed and plastered his face with a devilish grin. Heath looked like her will cut his head off and well, Mark had on a smile. The creeping kind of smile that makes you feel that he is planning something sinister.

Heath stood by his wife and made sure nobody intimidated her. At exactly 8:00 am, both sides with their attorneys and the jury were seated, awaiting the arrival of the judge.

"ALL RISE!! The Court of Common Pleas Seventeenth Judicial Circuit is now in session. The Honorable Alexander Mccove is presiding." The bailiff announced causing everyone in the courtroom to stand until the judge took his seat.

"BE SEATED!!"

The cases were re-presented and then the DNA test Pharrell did was given to the judge to take a look. The whole room was quiet, in that, the sound of a pin will be heard if any fall down. They were are impatient to hear the result of the test. Liana smiled knowing that she has already won the case since she has her own copy of the test.

"With everything that has been said here by both sides and the DNA test that I have here, I declare that Mr. Pharrell Smith, is the biological father of Heath Miller Junior and hence, he is allowed access to the child. He is allowed to give his name to him and is allowed to live with him as a father and child should."

Hi guys, sorry I couldn't update yesterday. Had a busy day. Kindly leave your comments and make sure you vote for this chapter. Kindly follow me on FB at: Author Jules Lamptey and on Instagram at: jules_lamptey. Thank you so much. I will post the next chapter if i have 10 followers on my FB page and Instagram. I might post it today depending on the feed back. I know this is not the best chapter but i promise you better ones.