Chapter Thirty-Four

Third Person's POV

"So, Mrs. Miller, we all agree that the child was born and you were indeed pregnant. Why then are you preventing the father, my client from seeing or getting close to his son?" Mark asked sternly.

"Because he is not the father." she seethed.

"What do you mean he is not the father? Does that mean that you lied to my client?"

"No, I didn't lie to him." She simply answered with no intention of explaining further.

"Mrs. Miller will you stop acting weird and tell us what you meant when you said he is not the father if you didn't lie to him that he was?"

She didn't reply, she stood quietly as if she didn't hear his question.

"Mrs. Miller, can you please answer the question?" The judge asked.

"I lost the baby on the night he beat me up and dumped me in the bush. It was a miracle i survived. When I woke up at the hospital, I was surprised my tummy had gone down, instead of it getting bigger."

Flashback ( Liana's POV)

"Hey princess you are awake, are you okay?" A pleasant man asked. I later found out he is Doctor Martins, the doctor assigned to me.

I couldn't talk I just stared at him the whole time he was examining me.

The hospital looked expensive, I can not afford it. That was my major worry. And who even brought me here. Doesn't the person know that I am a peasant?

My question was answered when a familiar face came to visit me. It turns out the doctor informed him that I was awake. I was told I have been in a coma for two months and they had nearly taken me off life support but Heath didn't agree to it.

"She is such a strong woman Mr. Miller. She didn't even scream." Doctor Martins who was checking my pulse said to Heath who only smiled.

I didn't know what they were talking about until my eyes lingered on my tummy to see it flatter than I expected it to be.

"W-wh-what- where is my baby?" I asked panicked

"If you will excuse me, I will leave you two to talk."

"Heath where is my baby what happened to my baby?!"

"He didn't need to answer me, I could see the answer clearly in his eyes."

"Noo! noo!nooo!. This can't be happening to me. Noooooo! My baby, no, no please tell me what I am thinking is not true. Tell me my baby is strong and well and that she is in the nursery."

He took his eyes off me. Only then did I realize that I have really lost the baby.

"I am sorry Lia, we couldn't save her."

"Noo! No please nooo!"

"What do you mean you couldn't save her, but you saved me? You could have as well left me to die." The pain in my chest was heavier than a ship's anchor and I couldn't do anything because I can't move.

"You had lost too much blood. It was either you or the baby."

"So you decided whether my child should die or live? Who the hell are you to take such a decision?!"

"Get out! Get out! I yelled for him to leave yet he didn't.

"I was conflicted but I didn't have to choose as the baby died shortly we got here. You were bleeding and when they examined you, the baby was gone."

"Heath!! This can't be happening to me. She was all I have in this world." I sobbed like I have never done before. How am I going to move on from this? Will I ever heal?