Chapter Thirty

Guiding her into the building with her hand in the crook of his arm, Nick ignored the curious eyes and whispers surrounding them. Sensing her nervousness, he patted her hands. That gained her attention, and Nick wasted no time to reassure her everything was fine with a bright smile. Returning the smile, she stopped fretting.

Satisfied with her compliance, his smile broadened as they walked towards the smiling receptionist desk.

"Welcome to Biastro. How may I help you?"

"I called earlier and reserved a table here."

He spoke sincerely and politely.

Understandably nodding, the woman glanced down at the tablet attached to the large desk in front of her.

"May I please know your name?"

"Nicholas Ross."

Astonished, the woman searched through the lists of reservations until she had stumbled upon his name. After rapid typing, she pressed a button on the tablet.

"Yes. Carlie from the main floor. Two VIP customers need assistance in getting to the room they reserved on the fourth floor. Thank you."

Saying all this through the single earpiece connected to her one ear, the woman smiled in surprised Sharlene and neutral Nick's direction.

"Please wait a moment. Someone will bring you to your room. And do come again."

"Thank you."

Assertive, he was not bothered by the wait since it would not take too long because it was not five stars for no reason.

Pulling Sharlene towards a large lobby so that the other customers could have their chance, he lightly chuckled when she admired the place.

"Is this your first time in a five-star restaurant?"

Blushing when he had caught her staring, Sharlene hurriedly shook her head.

"Not this way."

"I am guessing it was always work-related?"

"Yes. The only time I was giving to admire the beauty of the place was during my bathroom break."

Sliding his hand down her arm, he gently grabbed onto her hand. His eyes twinkled with glee, the smile on his lips unmovable.

"Well, tonight you will see everything for as long as you like, so enjoy it, okay?"

Glancing down at their interlocked hands, she soon looked into his eyes with a nod. Soon, their staring contest began, her cheeks turning rosy every minute.

"Mr. Ross?"

Forced to break eye contact, Nick turned in the direction of a female waitress. She was the one who had called for his attention.

"Yes?"

Not wasting time, she quickly spoke.

"Hello. My name is Afina, and I am the one who will be bringing you to the VIP room."

Glancing down at blushing Sharlene, he nodded.

"Show the way then."

Pointing in the direction of the elevator, Afina professionally spoke.

"Come right this way then."

With another sweet smile at blushing Sharlene, he pulled her along to follow the short woman.

Six minutes later, they were walking out of the elevator and into another beautifully designed hallway. Silently chuckling as he admired how Sharlene kept her excitement at bay while she glanced at everything with awe, Nick felt his heart burst with admiration.