Chapter Sixty-One

"Excuse me."

She said, her hands wringing in front of her.

Glancing up at her, Sharlene, as well as Janice, were confused. The line had went silent indicating, Rita was also listening.

"Are you, Ms. Sharlene Cunning-ham?"

Puzzled, Sharlene responded with a question.

"Ah, yes?"

"Finally."

She heard her mumble before quickly adding.

"This is for you."

As she spoke, she stretched out a small card towards her.

With raised eyebrows, Sharlene hesitantly accepted the card. And as if the woman could read her uncertain expression, she hurriedly explained.

"My name is Kyra, and this message is from my fellow employee, Timmy. He wanted me to give that to you before your lunch break ended. I apologize if I disturbed your meal. Please read it."

With a friendly smile, she spoke before walking away with her arms swinging. She looked as if she had accomplished a difficult mission.

Glancing at the small card in her hand, then the retreating woman's back once-twice-three times, Sharlene mumbled as she averted her eyes towards bewildered Janice.

"What just happened?"

Janice, on the other hand, inquisitively inquired.

"Who is Timmy?"

Before Sharlene could answer, Rita included.

"Timmy is Sharlene secret–well, no longer secret admire."

Raising an eyebrow, Janice was astonished.

"Really?"

Glancing up from the card, Sharlene hurriedly denied it.

"No, he is not. Stop feeding Jan lies, Riri."

"But it is not a lie. Listen to me, Jan. Timmy is an employee of the IT department. Every time he sees Shar, he resembles a tomato, and sometimes he does not know what to do with himself in her presence."

Groaning, Sharlene buried her head.

"Riri."

She pressed, but Rita completely ignored her.

"He is completely smitten with her, and he is not a bad guy, right, Sharlene?"

"You are thinking far too ahead. Tim and I are friends."

"Tim? You call him Tim so carelessly?"

Farrowing her eyebrows, Sharlene found her questions absurd.

"What's so wrong with calling your friend by a nickname?"

"Oh, nothing is wrong. But if it is a guy friend, they get the wrong idea, right Jan?"

"Yes, they do. I sense competition."

Frowning when she saw the odd twinkle in Jan's eyes and her evasive statement, Sharlene curiously asked.

"What competition?"

With slightly opened eyes, as she realized she had said that out loud, Jan waved her hands in front of her.

"Oh, nothing, nothing."

Rita cheekily laughed when she had caught onto her words.

Sharlene grew even more inquisitive.