Chapter One Hundred and Thirteen

Sharlene bent her head to look up at her.

"Sorry. I am just so stressed."

Tapping her shoulders, Rita pulled away.

"After one day of working with this Mr. Trosque?"

Making her way to sit in the empty spot next to her, she resumed reading her magazine, which she had abandoned when ranting Sharlene had entered the house fifteen minutes ago.

"Yes, after working with that irritating human called Trosque."

"To irritate you, Sharlene Cunning-ham so easily, he must be very nauseatingly irritating."

"Yes, he is. And I have to work together with him for two weeks."

Sharlene groaned while closing her eyes.

"Don't let that stress you out too much, Shar. Remember, you have somebody else to take care of."

Helena hinted while placing the remote on the coffee table after choosing her favorite movie.

Sighing, Sharlene opened her eyes and fixed herself on the sofa for her to enjoy the movie better.

"You are right, mom."

She murmured while passing her hands over her flat stomach.

"I am always right."

Helena gloated, her attention turning to the television.

They all chuckled. Resting her head on Rita's shoulders, Sharlene snuggled close to her while shoving some popcorn her mother had made, especially for the movie night, into her mouth.

Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the front door, more like intense banging. The person was very eager for the occupants inside to come running.

All of them frowned and exchanged looks.

The only two persons who would come to the house were Yvonne, Rita, and Janice. However, Janice had recently fallen ill with a mild cold. Yvonne was currently working overtime tonight. And Rita was chillaxing right next to her.

"Who could that be?"

Curious, Sharlene murmured and went to stand, but Helena stopped her.

"You girls stay here. I will go check it out."

They nodded and remained sitting but were still curious.

Pausing the movie, Helena made her way towards the door. However, before she could take another step, they all heard a young girl shout.

"Sharlene Cunning-ham! I know this is your house, and I know you are home! So, open this door this instant before I break it down!"

Her voice sounded familiar and made Sharlene shoot up in her seat. Shivers ran down her spine.

"It can't be."

She murmured, but the girl's demanding tone and ruthless banging continued.

"OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!"

The neighbors were frantic to find out the thrilling show, their heads peeking in their slightly closed curtains and windows.

AJ, who had heard the commotion came flying out of his room. Padding down the stairs, he rushed towards the door, and without hesitation, he locked and pulled it open.

"Mia?!"

He practically screamed, and Sharlene inwardly groaned. Placing a hand against her forehead, she inwardly groaned.