Chapter Ninety-One

"What did he mean by the Dew Drop Spring is far from finished? Didn't they accept your designs as the end product already?"

Janice asked.

They were now in her car, driving towards her home after working hours were over.

"I thought so too, but that seemed not to be the case. I wonder what else the design needs."

Humming as she pondered over Sharlene's words, Janice asked with pursed lips.

"Isn't it a necklace-earring set?"

"Yes."

"Then what more can they add?"

"I don't know. Maybe more diamonds?"

Sharlene suggested with a shrug.

"Well, whatever it is, I can assure you it will be expensive."

"Aren't they all? Didn't you see the models who accepted to showcase them?"

Rhetorical, Sharlene was looking forward to tomorrow, though she dredged that work was about to quadruple for the next three weeks. However, she remained optimistic because tomorrow also meant her best friend's twilight wedding.

"But there is something else I am curious about."

"That wouldn't be the person modeling the product by any chance, is it?"

Janice inputted with a smile, and Sharlene nodded.

"How did you know?"

"I was curious as well. Don't you think Mr. Thomas is too secretive about the matter?"

"It must be someone famous for him to be so secretive."

Sharlene implied.

"That could be true. But why not just mention it so people wouldn't be so curious?"

"I guess they want it to be a surprise, considering Dew Drop Spring is the main product of the event."

"I guess."

Janice murmured.

"So, did you buy the bridesmaids' dresses?"

Sharlene swiftly changed the conversation as she swiveled the car in the familiar road leading to her house.

"That and shoes to go with it."

As she said that, Janice slightly bent to remove a medium size box she had fitted near her feet in the passenger seat. Removing the covering and thin paper wrapping the item, she slightly lifted it for Sharlene to catch a glimpse of it.

"Oh. My. God. That is so beautiful, Jan."

Sharlene gushed when she had briefly looked at the item-black wedge-heeled shoes.

"It is. I had planned to buy one pair of shoes but got another free. Can you believe it?"

"Really? That's is wonderful."

"Of course. I was planning to buy a pair for you in the first place, but I guess luck was on my side that day."

"This pair of shoes is for me?"

"Of course," Janice said as she covered the box and returned it near her feet. "How can I possibly not buy something for my best friend? Also..."

Digging her purse, as something had come to mind, Janice removed a palm-size box from one of the pockets.

"This is for you."

She stated while placing it on Sharlene's lap.

"What is it?"