Chapter One Hundred and Forty-Three

If someone were to tell her that a splendid suite awaited her family in a spectacle hotel, and they were obligated to stay in for two nights and two days, Sharlene would have laughed and pretended she heard nothing.

However, standing in the spaciously decorated living room/kitchen was a reality. Her mouth fell agape, as did the other family members taking in the extravagance in front of them.

"The suite consists of four bedrooms, two spacious bathrooms, a deck with a pool, entertainment room, and spa/bath."
Rudulf explained before pointing to an area of the living room. All eyes followed the motion of his finger.
"As you can see, all your luggage has arrived safely."

Everyone was too shocked to respond to his words. Or listen to it altogether. It was all ramble in the docks.

"I have no words."
Verona whispered, her eyes examining the room for the umpteenth time. Black-white cream-grey colors greeted her eyes. She was amazed by the grand interior.

"Is this entire suite prepared for us?"
Cristobel asked, her eyes zeroing in on the wine cabinet and small bar built into the kitchen.

"Yes, it is."

"This is amazing."
Nadia whispered while assisting her mother with squealing Dee. She had awoken from her slumber after exiting the elevator. And she was thrilled as her eyes captured the glitter around her.

"I am glad the suite fits everyone's fancy. And to make your first night comfortable and memorable, we will send over free service and additional help. We hope everyone enjoys their stay and comes again soon."
Rudulf politely stated, his eyes gleaming with the hope of that reality coming true.
With a curt nod, Carie hastily placed the previously used black card in his outstretched hand. He then passed it to Sharlene with a beaming smile.

"This is your personal and customized keycard, Young Mistress. Feel free to change the passcode of the door as you please. And if you have any questions or issues, I implore you to call the front desk. Aid and assistance will be readily available."

Accepting the card with a friendly smile and nod, Sharlene watched as he and his associates walked out of the room, but not before politely bowing as the door shut. Glancing at the card in her hand and then the room, Sharlene sighed.

"Oh my god. Am I dreaming? Please pinch me, someone, if I am."
Cristobel dramatically gasped, her eyes twinkling with the thought of enjoying her short vacation to her heart's content. As if she was skating on ice, she walked from one side of the room to the other. A gorgeous view of the sparkling ocean captured her attention through one of the floor-to-ceiling windows, and she could not help but scream.
However, her sudden cry was not from joy but pain.

"Aw, not that hard! What was that for, Helena?!"

She swiftly turned to glare in her assaulter's direction, who had a mischievous glint in her eyes. Helena laughed while placing her hand on her sister's shoulder.

"You said someone should pinch you, so I volunteered. The fact you felt pain proves that this is indeed real."

"It was a manner of speech."
Mumbling while rubbing her throbbing elbow, Cristobel danced with joy inside her heart because she was looking forward to the delightful two days and a night. Victor shook his head as he watched the mirth dancing in her eyes. He knew he had no place in the plans blossoming in her mind.

"Sharlene and Helena have a lot to explain, but let's leave that for when everyone's settled. First, getting familiar with our surroundings and figuring out our sleeping arrangements is the top priority."
Irene's words received a curt nod from Helena and Peter while Verona sighed.
"You don't have to tell me twice, ma. I need a warm bath, pronto."
She was sticky from sweat and the drool from giggling Dee.