Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Two

"I am afraid it was you who sent the master to his office, my lady."

Terrell boldly teased as he stretched his hands to assist.

Evelyn laughed as she accepted his offered hand and stood.

"Thank you, Terrell, for your services as always. You are a much better person I can speak to about the house and event arrangements than my business-clogged brain husband. I sent him there to enjoy his time with his books and numbers. Of course, that is not a punishment but a precaution to prevent any mishaps."

"Indeed, you are an astute woman, my lady."

Terrell expressed with deep appreciation, his smile brightening his aged face. And knowing Victor's personality for a conservative amount of years, he dear not say otherwise.

Smiling, Evelyn gently pulled her hand from Terrell's slack hold.

"You know me the best, Terrell."

Placing a hand against his chest, he bowed once more.

Turning in the direction of the attentive and silent maids, she smiled.

"Ladies, please help yourselves with the late afternoon tea and snacks. I am sure you two are as tired as Terrell and I."

With short curtseys, the maids pipped in gratitude.

"Thank you, Madam."

Evelyn dismissed the formality. It was something she always disliked with her employees. However, it was a habit and display of respect that no amount of stubbornness could break. In the end, she had no choice but to live with the terms.

With a nod, she and Terrell left them to their designs.

-----------------

Home never felt so inviting until now.

As Nick drove through the private road leading towards the enormous mansion, he could only picture two things in his mind: having a relaxing shower and sinking into his king-size bed after. He was tired, not only physically but mentally. That was because Hector had made a silly mistake of scheduling two meetings on the same day and time for the afternoon.

Fortunately enough, he had read his messages before entering the building, after his date with Sharlene, and was able to come up with a strategy that benefited both parties.

He was also glad he had written up the plans for the meetings and gave them to his secondary secretaries to analyze.

The rest of the afternoon had gone without a hinge, but he was left tired. He soon left everything else for his CCO and Hector to cover and left for home.

The large silver gates came into view, and he could not be happier. Stepping out of the vehicle, he sorted the obvious keypad on the left side of the gate. Placing his face in front of the scanner, he patiently waited for the two security guards in charge of overlooking the security monitors of the mansions to spot him.

"Welcome home, Mr. Ross."

One of the guard's voice echoed from the intercom, and a few seconds later, the electronic gates opened. Sighing as he gazed at his beautiful home, Nick murmured.

"I am glad to be home."

Re-entering his car, he drove towards the garage located on the right-side building. Removing his suit jacket and grabbing his side bag from the backseat, he shut off the engine and alighted. Closing the door behind him, he locked the car by pressing the button on the key. Walking towards the far side of the open space only protected by an extended roof, he came to stand in front of a horizontal cabinet that stored various car keys. Unlocking it by entering a mental password on the keypad near it, he placed his car key in the appropriate spot and closed the cabinet door with a soft tap.