Chapter Fifty-Eight

"Wait! You cannot go any further!"

An unfamiliar woman shouted, her eyes widening as saucers, as she hastily ran or rather, stumbled behind a stomping Sharlene; since the killer heels she wore were made for show and not exercise.

Every eye looked in their direction, but Sharlene ignored them, her mission—to meet Mr. Thomas, give him a piece of her mind, and hightail out of the area—disrupting all other mindless thinking.

She had everything planned in her head. That was the reason she had arrived early at work.

------

Earlier, after she had dropped everything in her office, she had matched towards the conference room, where Mr. Thomas would spend most of his time drafting, re-drafting, sorting, and re-sorting the ideas about the event. She had discovered that information when she had gotten numerous messages from the group chat titled 'Ice Cold King,' that she got invited to last week. The theme of the group chat? They animatedly described Mr. Thomas's heavenly beauty, his status, achievement, and even the brand of clothes he wore. She had deduced that the people in the group chat were more stalkers than fans. She was about to remove herself from it when she discovered that they also revealed his whereabouts and what he would do daily. It had given her a grand opportunity, for she had been stressing about how she can talk to him for the past four days; since he was always busy when she tried to approach him after the meetings.

When she arrived in front of the conference room, she pushed the closed doors open and was about to call out Mr. Thomas, but bit her tongue when he was nowhere in sight. It was only the IT department who occupied the area. A total of six people were setting up the equipment for the meeting in the afternoon, and when they heard the door open, they glanced in her direction with raised eyebrows. Removing her hands from the cold doorknobs, she awkwardly rubbed her arms as she stood with a shy smile on her face. Timmy quickly excused himself and walked towards her with the tint of a blush on his face. With a smile, he politely asked.

"Hey, Shar. What brings you here?"

Averting her eyes from the peering people onto Timmy, Sharlene shyly blushed.

"Oh, hi, Tim. I was looking for Mr. Thomas."

"Mr. Thomas?"

He genuinely asked, his eyes reflecting his confusion.

"Yes. I heard or rather read that he spends most of his time here."

"Oh, well, he just left. Is something wrong?"

Rapidly shaking her head, when she saw the worry shining in his eyes, Sharlene quickly spoke.

"No, nothing is wrong. I only wanted to see about a matter with the event."

"Oh. Maybe he is in his office."

"Maybe."

Mumbling, she quickly added with a cough.

"Then I will go find him. Thanks for telling me, Tim."

Blushing, Timmy lightly cleared his throat.

"It's always a pleasure."

Nodding, she was about to walk away when he suddenly stopped her by lightly pulling on her hand. Glancing down at their interlocked hand, then at his face, she farrowed her eyebrows. When he saw what he had done, he hastily pulled his hand away.

"I'm sorry."

Sharlene smiled.

"It's okay. Is there something you'd like to tell me?"