Chapter Seventy-Nine

Chuckling while removing his hands from his hair, he turned the doorknobs.

"I thought you said you were my friend? Since when did you become my guest?"

"Since I visited."

"Then, like an uninvited guest, you can walk yourself out the same way you walked in if you get bored."

Absent-mindedly speaking, Nick pushed the doors open.

"That is harsh."

Chris mumbled, but he was nowhere near offended. Moaning at the pleasant taste of the coffee melting on his tongue, he did not care. Nick was about to take a step into the room but suddenly stopped.

"Oh, before I forget."

He expressed while glancing around to face raised eyebrow Chris.

"My next business meeting is with Mr. Presley, so expect good or bad results tomorrow."

With that said, he entered the room.

Watching him enter the clean and spacious room, Chris smirked.

"I will only accept the good result. And do not mind me if I get too comfortable."

Standing and walking over to sit in Nick's chair, he placed his feet on his desk and continued to drink his coffee.

"Ah, this is delicious."

He sighed in content.

Pulling a document from the small pile near his feet, he shifted through it as if it were a magazine.

"Work. Work. Work. Don't you have anything else to do besides work, Nick? Why don't we play golf or go out drinking or dancing or both one of those days? I bet it would be fun."

He called while throwing the document back into the pile with a huff, but Nick completely ignored him.

Shrugging his shoulders, for he did not hear anything from Nick's side, Chris shouted.

"YOUR STAFF MAKES THE BEST COFFEE, BY THE WAY, NICK! WHY DON'T YOU LET ME EMPLOY THEM AS MY OFFICIAL COFFEE MAKERS!"

Fixing his position, he continued to touch other things on Nick's desk.

Nick, who had yet to close the door, had seen his actions, and the smiling culprit knew that. Chris knew that he hated people touching his belongings and interfering with his private matters, but he continued to search through the contents on his desk.

Pinpointing something interesting on his desk, Chris took a large gulp of the coffee before placing it on the table. He stretched his hands towards it, but before he could touch it, Nick's hand had quickly snatched it away.

"Don't even think of touching it."

He warned, and Chris sheepishly smiled.

"Did you buy that for your fiance?"

Stuffing the item in his pocket, Nick dismissively muttered.

"It's none of your business."

Frowning, Chris pouted while folding his arms on top of his chest.

"You are so secretive."

Shaking his head, he muttered.

"Don't touch anything else, and keep your feet off."

As he said the latter words, he brushed Chris's feet off his desk for the third time as he walked away. Standing, Chris fixed his already tidy clothes.