Chapter Thirty-Nine

Hector continued.

"This project is the most important in all the company history, and I am sure Mr. Ross mentioned this, but we have limited time and a rapidly approaching deadline. There is no time to waste."

With a glance in Sharlene's direction when he had said those last words, Hector continued to look at every one.

However, his glance made Sharlene wary.

'Did he think she was a time-waster?'

She thought, feeling offensive from her new colleague's glance.

Shaking her head, she scolded herself.

'I must be overreacting.'

"Is there something you would like to say, Miss?"

Mr. Thomas had suddenly questioned, and all eyes were on her once again.

Nervously smiling, she quickly responded.

"No, there is nothing."

"Then I would appreciate you pay attention."

'What?!'

She bellowed in her head while trying to maintain the smile on her face.

'Did I hear correctly?'

This Hector had bluntly told her she was not paying attention when she was because she had written a few notes in her notebook. As if he had finished with her, he continued speaking, but she was fuming.

"We have a serious matter that is way above our heads, so we need perfect cooperation and teamwork. Do you all understand?"

"Yes, we do."

Everyone had responded, except Sharlene, because she was still fuming.

On many occasions, she would be calm and collected.

She would overlook these types of attitudes since she tolerated her boss. But for the past three days, she could not, and it was all thanks to her pregnancy mood swings, and maybe her tolerance bar had reached its zenith.

Feeling his eyes on her person, she waited for him to call on her, but he moved on.

"Are you okay?"

Whispering, Rita looked worried.

"Just pregnancy mood swings."

"Anger?"

"How did you know?"

Chuckling as quiet as she could, for Hector's eyes had suddenly descended on her, Rita murmured.

"Your ears always turn red when you are fuming."

Touching the tip of her ears with a blush on her face, Sharlene was about to respond when Hector had loudly cleared his throat for their undivided attention, though he already had it. Clamping her mouth shut, Rita sent a wink in her direction before she looked back at slightly frowning Hector.

"Now that I have everyone's attention."

Grimacing when his eyes were on her yet again as he stressed those words, Sharlene was beginning to dislike this Hector Thomas even more. Stealing a glance in Madam Sinclair's direction, she realized she was not the only one who felt that way, for the woman was seething.

Swiftly, his intelligent eyes averted from her face to look at Madam Sinclair's, whose expression instantly changed from Miss. Grumpy to Miss. Happy.

"Let us begin, shall we, Miss. Sinclair?"

He asked, and Sharlene became annoyed with his question.