Chapter Seventy-Seven

Hey everyone. I would like to apologize for the late update. Yesterday was pretty hectic and I had no way of posting.

Hope you enjoy this chapter. Stay Safe.

KimAmai

======

"I am assuming you made a deal with J to retrieve the shoes."

Pursing her lips, as she placed the shoebox in Rita's hands, she murmured.

"Yes. He told me I should make him breakfast tomorrow for his services."

Laughing, Helena was astounded.

"Like brother, like sister. I am not going to say anything because you did that to him once."

"That does not change anything. He told me it was payback for all the times he let my teasing slide."

Grumbling while folding her arms on her chest, Sharlene was not happy with the thought of waking up early to make breakfast. She had already planned the time she would because her appointment with the gynecologist was in the afternoon.

"Oh my god, it is beautiful, Shar."

Rita exclaimed after removing the shoe from the box. Instantly, Sharlene's smile returned, the expression on her face making her happy.

"I bought it on sale if you were thinking of the price."

"I was not."

Rita quickly denied it, but Sharlene did not look convinced.

"I know you like the back of my hands and toes, Riri. I am sure you are wondering where I bought it, and I will satisfy your curiosity by saying I got it on eBay. Surprisingly, I got it for 6.99 USD, the original price of 9.50 USD. That is 22.3% off on the shoes plus 30% off shipping. Overall, I paid 35 USD for the shoes. And they are not tall. Two-inch heels that are safe enough to wear when you are three months pregnant."

"Wow. You were lucky."

Rita remarked with a smile while examining the shoes.

Puffing out her chest while flipping her hair, which she had placed in twin buns, she boasted.

"I am always lucky."

Chuckling, Rita rolled her eyes, for she knew it was not true, well, not all the time. Her eyes fell onto her flat stomach, and she smirked.

"Do you want me to count the number of times you were not lucky?"

Brushing her question aside, for she had seen her action, Sharlene beamed.

"I am happy that I did get the shoes. You would look lovely with them. I can't wait for the wedding."

"Me too."

Pulling her into a tight hug, Rita squealed in her ears.

"Thank you, Shar!"

Groaning, Sharlene placed her hands on her ears after she pulled away.

"Are you trying to make me deaf?"

"No, but I would make you drop-dead gorgeous for Nick."

Face palming, Sharlene wondered how Rita had jumped onto that subject with such quick reflexes.

"You never seize to mention him, do you? You are so lucky we are both pregnant because I would chase you all over the house and yanking onto the bird's nest you call hair on top of your head."