Chapter Fifty-Six

"Is there anything you need, Ms?"

Hector inquisitively asked after composing himself and sitting back down in his chair as if nothing occurred.

"No, sir."

Squeaking out, when his words registered in her brain, she went to close the door, but he stopped her.

"Wait."

"Yes, sir?"

"I want you to contact the branch in South America."

His voice carried an authority that she could not ignore.

Meticulous, Janice questioned, her lips forming a frown.

"May I ask why, sir?"

Lifting his cold eyes to stare at her, he sighed.

"For a transfer of employees."

With that, he dismissed her.

"You can leave."

Obediently, she nodded and closed the door.

Turning around, she gasped, for Rita was standing in front of her.

She looked miserable with her eyeliner painting her cheeks from crying.

"Jan?"

Rita's lips wobbled when she called her name, her voice sounding croaky.

Confused, Janice answered with raised eyebrows.

"Yes?"

"I hate our boss."

With that, she burst down in tears, and Janice quickly hugged her.

------

"Waaa! Waaa! Why is this happening to me?"

Rita loudly sobbed while placing a spoon full of chocolate ice cream into her mouth an hour later.

Earlier, Janice had contacted Sharlene.

Explaining everything as brief as possible, she had come as fast as her feet could carry her. Soon, Sharlene brought Rita to her home after their work had concluded for the day.

Janice soon tagged along when she had finished contacting South America for the new employees as per Hector's order.

They were now in Sharlene's bedroom, where Rita had animatedly explained her experience to them before bursting into tears.

It was Jan's first time coming to Sharlene's home, and she had felt nervous, but five minutes later, she was comfortable and helping Rita dry her tears.

With a large bucket of ice cream, which Sharlene had gone to buy earlier on her lap, Rita was a mess.

"My fiance left me. My boss fired me, and now I crave ice cream. Why?"

After shoving another spoon full of ice cream into her mouth, she continued to sob pitifully.

"Oh, Riri. You poor thing."

Jan cooed while gently resting her head on her shoulders.

Blowing her nose in the tissue paper she had passed to her, Rita continued to bawl yet became silent when she placed another spoon into her mouth.

After swallowing the yummy goodness, which she moaned at the thrilling taste, her sobbing continued.

"This ice cream is so good."

She spoke in between sobs, her glistening eyes beaming with glee every time she placed a spoon into her mouth.

"I'm glad you like it, but please stop crying, Riri."