Chapter Ninety

"Welcome everyone to this emergency meeting."

Hector began, his voice enhanced by the mike attached to the podium.

"As you all know, there have been given a tighter schedule."

Everyone nodded and was informed of the various changes two days prior.

"And with the new schedule implemented, there have been a few changes. Today, I will like to introduce the promised team that will oversee the production of the project together with Miss Madam Sinclair and myself."

Slightly turning his body for him to look at the blank white screen behind, he pulled everyone's attention to it.

"These are the members of the new team."

He pointed out as sudden images of smiling customers appeared on the screen. Everyone averted their attention from him and onto the showcased pictures. Some eyes widened when they had spotted prettily smiling Sharlene's amongst the many images. It was almost unseen, for it was in the corner of the widescreen. Yet many people who had keen eyesight had seen it. They sent looks in her direction as if expressing their shock and aching to ask her questions, but they kept their mouths shut. Even Madam Sinclair was shocked as she briefly glanced in her direction, but she quickly dismissed the thought as she glanced back at Hector.

"With the permission of the CEO himself, they are employees stemmed from the two departments itself. You all know yourself. We thank you all who made this team possible."

Madam Sinclair was the first one to clap before everyone else joined, including Sharlene and Janice.

Patiently he waited for the applause to die down before continuing.

"As mentioned in our previous major meeting, everyone has a large part to share in the results of the event, but the new team in question will be in charge of the more significant tasks. They will be the ones who will sustain the needs of the models and famous figures chosen for showcasing the Main and Extended accessories. They will also oversee the finishing touch of the main accessories. Madam Sinclair and Miss Cunning-ham will be the ones assigned to make this happen successfully."

Feeling Janice nudge and encouraging wink, Sharlene shyly smiled.

People glanced in her direction again, but she paid them no mind.

She was shocked that Hector had recognized her talent and went as far as including her, Madam Sinclair's errand secretary, in the main phases of the upcoming event, but his words from this morning came to mind, and she quickly sobered.

'I hate to admit it to myself, Miss Cunning-ham, but without your original idea, the event would not be as successful as we would anticipate.'

He had also admitted that he had never spoken to the CEO about her ideas from the previous major meeting. He had apologized and promised he would not delay telling him before the day ended.

In a way, the brief moments she shared with Hector, though he was still impassive and unapproachable, made her slightly change her outlook of him.

"And without further ado and careful consideration, I will introduce you to the models and famous figures we were able to reach with positive results, as well as the avenue where the event will be held and planned."

Everyone nodded, their hands lifting the pens from the table and hovered them over the blank papers with anticipation to write.

Pressing a button on the remote one of the IT department employees had given him, Hector highlighted when the first picture of a beautiful french model came onto the screen.