38

It had been a month. A month since everything in everyone's life had changed. A month since Christian had slept, eaten or even took a breath. How could he? when his love, his angel, his source of life was dying.

Everyone had resumed their work. Caleb  and Steve persuaded Christian to start working again. But this wasn't good news for many people because Christian had returned to be more ruthless and intimidating if that was even possible. 

Bella hadn't woken up and it had been a month. A month which felt like a year to Laura. She didn't sleep or eat. She resembled a zombie at this point. Steve was very worried for her she knew that but how could she eat and sleep when Bells bear was like this. She would braid her hair and tell her about her routine hoping that she would wake up. Hoping that she would take off the machine that was breathing for her only to be disappointed.

The doctor had said that Bella was fine as far as they could conclude. No brain injury or internal bleeding. The answer to the question as to why she wasn't waking up was still unknown. But Caleb couldn't take it anymore. His sister was on a vent and he couldn't do anything about it. Even the world's best doctors said the same thing. Patience. To wait. But they didn't know that patience wasn't his strong suit. He wanted his sister. His other half. The fact that being his older brother he couldn't protect her was eating him alive. But he was being strong knowing that Bella would be disappointed seeing him crumble.

Everyone was devastated. Steve didn't know what to do. He hadn't realized that unknowingly Bella had made this group of friends, family. That she had changed his best friend's life. That she accomplished what he couldn't. She sparked the humanity in his best friend which had been buried for a long long time. And he couldn't be more grateful. He just wished she woke up soon because she was the source of everything. Their friendship, Christian's humanity and their joy.

Christian was dying inside out. He felt like his insides were on fire. Like someone had ripped his heart out but still forced him to live. His world had turned dark. He didn't want to live in a world without Bella. He didn't know that just a single person could influence his life so much. He knew he was getting punished for his crimes. But just this once he wanted God to work in his favour despite what he had done. If it were possible he was willing to spent eternity in hell, but once, just once he wanted to hold Bella in his arms. He wanted to drink in her beauty and memorize every single feature of hers. Even her almost impossible to see freckles which were proudly sitting on her nose and cheeks.

Just once, he was ready to beg for forgiveness from God if that is what it would take. 

There was a noise in the background annoying him. He realized they were his own sobs. Christian didn't realize the tears streaming down his face.

Just once....

GOD! MY CHEST LITERALLY FEELS SO HEAVY WRITING THIS HOPE YOU  LIKE IT.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT<3