14

Bella was sitting inside a jail. It was nerve wrecking for her. She didn't know what she would do now. The devil was talking on his phone but she didn't hear what he was saying. She had blocked him out some time ago. A while back when she was being arrested she heard that her crime were breaking and entering in a mall accompanied by steeling.

Suddenly she stood up infront of him."What are you doing" she snapped.

And guess what he did. Yes ladies and gentlemen this man had the audacity to smirk at her while standing in a jail. "Just wait and watch Bella."

"Seriously 'wait and watch' here I am sitting in a jail with you for a crime which was your idea by the way and you expect me not to ask questions" she yelled at him.

"Don't yell at me Bella" he said in his cold voice but the way he said it sent shivers down her spine.

All of a sudden the door opened and a guard walked him

" You are good to go" he said.

Bella couldn't believe her ears. She ran and hugged the guard but as soon as she did it she regretted it.

"Uh..I..uh..I..I am sorry" she said and walked out in a hurry but when realization dawned upon her she spun as quick as lightning

"You...how did you do it? she asked him.

He didn't even took a step out of that room and managed to get them out.

He smirked again and asked "Do you know what people call me Bella?"

She gulped. Not because of fear but because of the power full aura she suddenly sensed around him. She now understood why the men double his size used to cower from him. This much intimacy, she had never encountered in her life but than again has she encountered much in life?

She shaked her 'no'.

With a face void of any emotion, stone cold eyes and deep voice he chuckled. It was not the one filled with humor neither a bitter one. It was the one used to frighten or threaten someone and enjoyed when they cower. A chuckle to indicate power and dominance. A chuckle of the devil. A chuckle she never wanted to hear.

He crouched down to her level and moved closer to her ears then he whispered " They call me the king."

Her eyes widened, lips parted, her heart rate sped up and her breath became laboured. The King. She had heard that name before. He was the most ruthless and powerful businessman. He didn't had a business, he had an Empire. He was an owner  to a throne. His one look could send a powerful man to his knees. His one snap of finger can fire his employees, his one glare can make someone wish they were six feet under the ground. No one has ever seen even a hint of smile on his face.

Bella could not believe she had been working under his rule for nearly two months. This guy was a monster yet just a moment ago she heard him laugh. But now she was afraid because she had yelled at the king.

The one with whom no one even dared to make eye contact with.

Christian has revealed himself in front of her even though it wasn't much of a secret but it was amusing for him that this girl who had evident fear in her eyes was yelling and challenging him a moments ago.

He knew what he had told her wouldn't be digested in one or two minutes so he left her there, at a police station, to collect her scattered thoughts.

But one thing was clear to him that he liked her and he wanted her. And everyone knows that A king gets what he wants.

Don't forget to vote and comment (•‿•)