16

Her palms were sweating, her breathing was ragged and her mind was in frenzy. The radio was doing a great job in filling the uncomfortable silence in the car. On the other side the devil was suspiciously calm.

Amusement danced in his eyes as if he was enjoying Bella's reaction. She glanced at him every once in a while and he was looking at her every time she did so.

After a while she was convinced that he was not looking at the road and driving at high speed. That thought alone made Bella very uncomfortable.

"Can...can y..you please slow down and concentrate" Bella stuttered. All the confidence she had was thrown out of the window the moment she stepped foot in the car.

"What makes you think I am not concentrating? And besides are you okay you, look a little pale. Maybe I should change the temperature of the AC?"

Christian was trying hard to control his laughter. He knew that being alone with him made Bella uncomfortable. Well he wasn't so good himself. He was also sweating profusely.

His nervousness was evident as he was swallowing hard and blinking rapidly. But Bella was busy thinking about her mother to notice that. She was nervous about how she would react when she sees Bella getting out of an expensive car.

When she reached her destination she was overjoyed to see that the lights were off. That means another night of her mother and sister getting home drunk.

She turned to him"Thanks for the ride Christian" Bella said as if challenging him to comment on how she addressed him. But he dared not to. He knew that right now they were not a boss and his assistant but something else.

" No problem sweetheart" Christian said smirking. Well if she could use names than so could he.

Bella knew better than to start another show of bickering by commenting on the nickname. So she did something unexpected. She leaned towards him, so close that she could practically smell his cologne. It was an amazing scent mixed with pinewood and wet soil.

She was in love with it right there. But she yet had to clear her feelings about the owner of the scent.

Christian was shocked by Bella's actions. But just as her he could also smell her perfume. The perfect match of rose and honey.
Bella didn't know what she was doing, her body was moving on own. She kissed his cheek, but it was not like he didn't appreciate it. Just a small kiss on his cheek made him like her more and more.  Even a small gesture of gratitude made her heart flutter, she felt butterflies in her stomach.

What is happening to me?

That was the question both were asking themselves. Even though deep deep down they both knew but they weren't ready to face the reality, the truth that they both were beginning to like each other. So they both decided to shut their minds and enjoy the moment.

What would they gain from digging deeper anyway. More confusion and insecurities? No thanks.

"Have a good night Bella" Christian said. Suddenly his behaviour changed. His voice was husky and deep. His posture was back to stiff. His eyes were once again cold and icy.

Bella was confused and somewhat hurt. But she masked it quickly. She didn't want him to see that he could effect her so deeply. So she just nodded, unable to form words. She left the car without another word being said.

Christian regretted it immediately, but that had to be done otherwise Bella would end up more hurt, just like everyone else.

But at that moment Christian didn't knew that he had gained the nickname of Lucifer. He wasn't one of the minions. He was him. The worst of the worst. The ignorant, egoistic, arrogant and the leader of the bad demons. The devil himself, Lucifer.

Than again both of them were oblivious to the fact that they both would end up hurt, broken, and irreparable if they keep pushing each other away. They were polar opposites.

He was damanding, manipulative and dominant. His demeanor was arrogant, mean and insulting. His aura of power, darkness and intimacy made everyone uncomfortable. He was the devil. He had a heart, but just to pump blood. No one dared to cross his path or speak back to him. He gave people nightmares. He was the nightmare

But she was sweet, pure and innocent. She was kind, ambitious and creative. People loved her. Her aura was full of light and comfort. She had something in her that made people calm. Wherever she goes peace follow.

Than again light needs darkness to glow. Bella was Christian's light. His source of life. The magnet the pulled his soul out of the cave in which it was hiding leaving him emotionless. His sunshine. The person who filled his heart with emotion. His cure.
And Christian was Bella's knight in shining but black armour. Her saviour. They both needed each other without realising it. But they had yet to discover it.

Don't forget to vote and comment。◕‿◕。