17

It was a busy morning for everyone. When Bella entered the company building she found a hustle. Everyone was panicking, running while carrying files and some even looked like they were about to faint anytime.

"What's happening Emily?" Bella asked the receptionist who was on her phone typing furiously.
"You don't know?!" Emily asked bewildered.

"I don't think so" Bella said.

"Mr Knight is coming today" Emily informed her in a whisper as if afraid that he would pop out of thin air.

"Doesn't he everyday?" Bella was beyond confused now.

"Oh no not him. The senior one. It's the first time that he will come to the company. Mr Knight, the junior one, told us to have everything in perfection" Emily informed her.

Bella was once again confused and somewhat angry that she wasn't hearing this news from her boss. He was supposed to tell her that. Well once again he proved to be Lucifer.

But while walking to her office Bella couldn't help but wonder about his father. She imagined an older version of Lucifer but with more strict and emotionless face if possible. But either way he was handsome.

Suddenly Bella bumped into a wall but she was more sensible than to believe that. She knew it was not a wall but him.

"Watch where you are going. I don't want my employees dozing off while working, I don't pay you for that" she heard him say a little irritated.

Christian was beyond annoyed today. Firstly he woke up late which led to him being late for the meeting which led to the person who was supposed to be closing the deal think that he was irresponsible which led to him cancel the deal which finally resulted in Christian being annoyed.

And that is why he snapped at his employee today. He didn't even look at who he was talking to. Finally when he looked down ( as Bella is shorter than him) he saw his assistant glaring at him.
Christian was surprised to see her this angry. She looked like smoke was gonna come out of her ears any minute now.

This was the first time he was receiving an angry look. Even his parents were never angry at him.  And speaking of other people, except Steve, he often received scared, submitted and guilty looks.

"Woah what happened Miss Bella? What got you so angry?" Christian amusedly asked her.

What happened? What happened?!. Oh I will tell you what happened. You see my boss forget to tell me that my boss's boss is coming today and than he snapped at me and right now I just wanna slap him. Hard.
Bella wanted to yell at him but new better than to do so.

"Oh nothing Sir. I just got informed that Mr Knight is coming. You see I wasn't told so I didn't complete my task and right now I am late so I am just perfect" Bella retorted back sarcastically while giving him a murderous look.

Now Christian understood what has happened. Yes he admit he was guilty of not telling her about his father which he obviously was not going to admit.
"Right, well I hope you good luck Miss Bella." Christian said with a nod which meant that she was now dismissed.

-------------

The day went by painfully slow. Everyone was on edge. Bella was no different. Suddenly she was called in Lucifer's office.

"Yes sir?" Bella asked while entering. Just as she thought. Lucifer was sitting in his chair looking as charming and good looking as ever.

Why does God always bless good looks to arrogant men? Bella thought to herself.

"My father is on his way to the office right now. I want you to stay by side" Christian said to her. She was surprised that he didn't give her any instructions on how to behave. Well now she was screwed.

Christian didn't know why but he was nervous of his father meeting Bella. He didn't give her any instructions because he wanted her to be herself. He wanted his father to see the girl he sees everyday. The confident, beautiful, loving and hard working girl. The girl he began to like.

Yes Christian now accepted the fact that he likes Bella
What would he gain from burying his feelings anyway. And no he wasn't embarrassed about it. Why should he be embarrassed about his feelings.

Suddenly the doors were burst open and a man walked in with another man walking behind him looking like a body guard. But both were in their fifties. Bella knew just by one look that the man in the front was Lucifer's father. And just like she imagined he was Lucifer's carbon copy, well a little older and other way around.

The room suddenly felt suffocating to Bella. She was standing in the presence of Knights. The men know for their ruthlessness, arrogance and their power. Well just for their power she added the first two.

"Father. Looks like you didn't change you thoughts about dramatic entry. "

Christian greeted his father with a a nod and a handshake.

"Oh how good it is to see you son. Oh and you might be his girlfriend, or fiancé? Anyway whichever you are I expect grandchildren soon. I wanna see little Christians before I die. Right Jake" his father said turning to his body guard.

Well that's odd. Bella's thought of him and cold hearted, emotionless person who didn't knew the meaning of joke. But wait... What did he say.

Bella was blushing furiously. " "N..no sir. I think you misunderstood. I am Isabella but please call me Bella. I am Mr Knight's assi-" Bella was cut short because of Christian putting hand on her waist.

"Yes father you are right. Meet Isabella my girlfriend" Lucifer announced while kissing Bella on her temple.

Bella looked at him with disbelief and confusion. Only one thing was running in her mind like crazy.

' What the hell is he doing?! '

Don't forget to vote and comment◉‿◉