Chapter 66: Final Talk

Soft snores were coming from Hades. I gently ran my fingers in his messy hair before getting off the bed. I quickly put my underwear's on and threw a PJ on me. I needed to have a talk with Jace. He was going too far where Hades was concerned. I tiptoed out of the room then made my way to the living room, hoping that Jace was there. I wanted to talk to him before everyone was home. When I didn't see him in the living room, I walked throughout the house, only to see him sitting by the pool. I hesitantly walked outside. I had no intention to do this behind Hades' back but I needed to.

"Did you seriously come here after having sex with him?" Jace asked me, without even turning to look at me. I was taken back.

"What do you mean?" I questioned in disbelief. "What's wrong with me having sex with Hades, Jace?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. I could feel the anger rising inside of me but I didn't want to burst so soon. I have been listening to him talk shit about Hades and I stayed quiet but not anymore. My question seemed to have triggered something in him. He turned to look at me. Pain flashed in his eyes.

"How can you fucking do that?" Jace asked while shaking his head.

"Do what?" I asked in confusion.

"You had feeling for me, didn't you?" He suddenly asked. My eyes widened when I realised where this conversation was heading.

Not this.

"How can you sleep with someone else when you know that I am under the same roof? And you had feeling for me?" He asked while chuckling.

"I didn't have feeling for you, Jace. I was attracted to you. There's a huge difference. On the contrary, I have feeling for Hades. We were not even supposed to have this conversation out of respect for your girlfriend" I snapped. "I have come to realise that this conversation is not going to lead anywhere. You can take your fucking friendship and shove it up your ass as far I am concerned" Anger slipped in each and every words I have said. I was so upset at this. Jace was making a fucking drama out of nothing. He has managed to find a problem where there was none. "I have given you the opportunity to keep our friendship but you are ruining it up. I cannot do more than I am already! The only person I have feelings for, is Hades" I was saying that more to myself than to him. "Somehow, you are trying to ruin this. You are trying to set him off" I scoffed.

"I am just trying to open your fucking eyes" Jace snapped back.

"And who the fuck is going to open Angie's eyes, huh?" I asked in disbelief. "I wish I was that bad that I would go running to tell her all this act that you've been putting up" I said in pure anger. Panic flashed in his eyes. I clenched my jaws, then closed my eyes. "Jace, I want you gone tomorrow. Look for whatever excuse you want. I want you gone" I said with closed eyes.

"If he's going, Angie will be gone too. She doesn't deserve that" I froze when I heard Hades' voice from behind me.

"At this point, I couldn't care less" I mumbled. Jace was the best friend that I could ever imagine. The way he was ruining it, was paining me. It was never easy to lose a friend.

"Keep your fucking pity" Jace spat.

"Stop being so fucking ungrateful!" I suddenly shouted in frustration. I could feel the tears starting to build up in my eyes. It was getting too much of me. I was feeling tired of having to deal with the same situation over and over again. Jace seemed like he didn't care about our friendship. He was not doing anything to make things better between us. "You lied. You betrayed me. And you accused me of things I didn't do and still, I found the little good in me to forgive you and to try and move the fuck on but what are you doing in return?" I questioned as the tears rolled down my cheeks. My facial expression remained neutral. I watched as the anger on Jace's face disappeared. "Why won't you grow the fuck up?" I demanded before angrily wiping my tears off my face. I was hating myself for being so weak.

"Lu-" Jace started but I quickly shook my head.

"No. Save it" I quickly said before taking a deep breath to calm myself down. "I am trying my best here to fix this situation" I started, my voice much calmer. "I was trying. But now,I can't even seem to find the reason why you're acting that way" I sighed. I could feel hands wrapped themselves around my waist. Hades' fingers were tracing small circles on my skin, soothing me a little.

"I feel like I'm losing you" Jace suddenly said out loud before running his hand in his hair. His eyes were fixed on the floor. I didn't know what to respond because I didn't know in what context he was saying these words. "I feel like I'm losing my best friend" he muttered when he realised that I was confused.

"Jace. I don't know what to say" I muttered. "For the moment, I am tired of this whole bullshit. I want to be able to live my life freely, without any issue with anyone. So please, just stop. Losing our friendship is just an excuse. If Hades is a problem for you, then sorry, there is nothing I can do for you" I muttered. I turned around, stared at Hades and forced a smile on my face. Staring at him for a few seconds made me realise how happy and safe he made me feel.

Hades was worth it.