Chapter 9: Another Side

As Hades walked in the kitchen, silence drawn. Rosalie, Scott and Evie stopped talking. They were staring at him with wide eyes. I exhaled and rolled my eyes.

"Guys, this is Hades and Hades, this is Rosalie, Evie and Scott" I told him. Hades gave a curt nod in their direction while the other three sat down, frozen. I sat down and motioned Hades to sit down as well. "Scott, can you serve Mr Reigns some spaghetti?" I asked. He nodded. What was up with them?

"Well, this is awkward" Hades mumbled as he stared at Rosalie and Evie gaping at him.

"Girls, You're scaring him" I said in amusement. Evie and Rosalie blinked a few times before finally turning to look at me. Both of them have me a sheepish smile. Scott finally brought Hades' food.

"Do you want us to go?" Scott asked with a little frown on his face. I frowned and turned to look at Hades. Would he mind if my cook and the maids eat with us?

"Do you mind if they stay?" I asked. If he did mind, then I would tell him to lift his freaking ass and walk out of my house. Hades, luckily, shook his head.

"Of course not. Why would I?" he asked. Scott said down and smiled. Rosalie breathed in relief. I shook my head and started eating.

"This is so good" I complimented.

"I agree" Hades said after a few seconds. I could noticed that he was slowly easing himself around me. "I would really appreciate if you work for me" he added, making my eyes widened. He sounded so serious. He was serious. I scoffed and quickly shook my head.

"You're not stealing my cook!" I exclaimed. Suddenly, Hades chuckled. What? My eyes widened even more.

Hades Reigns chuckled.

He did what?

What?

And it was so freaking Sexy.

"I was just kidding" he chuckled while shaking his head.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed again. Rosalie and Evie were surprised as well. "You just chuckled! Oh my god!" I said again. Okay. Maybe I was overreacting. But he looked so good when he seemed to be so carefree.

"Drama queen" Hades muttered, making Scott nod his head in agreement.

After lunch, Hades walked to the door by my side. He stared at me as I opened the door. "What?" I asked when I realized that he was still staring.

"I think I'm going to like this whole friendship thing" he said with a grin. Hades Reigns just grinned.

He just what?

Don't overreact, Luna.

"Because of the food?" I questioned and he nodded.

"And you're actually fun to be around" He said. I didn't even have time to talk when he walked out of the house. I'm fun to be around? "See you later" he said. Later? I shrugged it off and watched him walk to his car.

"Bye!" I shouted when he got in his car. He started the engine and drove away after one last glance at me. I smiled to myself. I judged Hades to quickly. He was actually nice.

Well, I think.

"What's up?!" I turned my head to see Jace standing on his porch with his hands on his pocket. "I see you're getting along with Reigns" he said with a grin. I nodded and motioned him to my car which was parked in his alley.

"My keys?" I asked. He pouted while slowly walking to me. He pulled his hand out of his pocket, feigning pain as he handed me the keys.

"My heart is literally breaking" Jace mumbled while he let the key fall in the palm of my hand.

"If you hadn't crashed the car of your mother, then maybe you would have gotten a car" I told him, a grin plastered on my face. He playfully glared at me and sat on the porch.

"Sometimes I think that my pain gives you pleasure" Jace told me while staring at the street in front of us. I sat down on the porch next to him and rested my head on his shoulder while chuckling.

"You think?" I questioned teasingly. He chuckled then I felt him rest his head against mine.

"We're going out tonight" Jace said out of the blue. I moved my head away from his shoulder, then turned to look at him in confusion.

"We are?" I asked, frowning slightly as I didn't know.

"That's what Ella said" he told me. I noticed that his eyes were twinkling slightly. Suddenly he lifted his hand and poked my nose, making me scrunch my nose in annoyance.

"Jace!" I scolded as I pushed his hand away from my nose.

Poke.

I glared at him, ready to slap the hell out of his hand if it was necessary.

Poke.

"You better fucking run!" I shouted and watched as he stood up while laughing. He started running in the garden while I chased him like a mad person while waving my hands over my head with the hope that I would actually catch the guy who spend two hours in gym everyday. What I wasn't expecting was Jace tripping and falling on his face, making me burst out laughing. When he turned to look at me, I laughed even more as his face was covered with mud. Jace turned around and when I least expected it, he pulled my foot with his, making me fall on top of him. I rose my head to prepare myself to start yelling at him but when I realized that he was staring at me weirdly, I shut up. He moved his face closer, his eyes still staring at mine. Our lips were millimeters away from each other. He was about to kiss me.

What was he doing?

He has a girlfriend.

Angie.

I blinked several times before quickly moving my face away from him. I quickly pulled myself off him and I couldn't turn to look at Jace again, so I bent my head and walked in the house. The seriousness of the situation had hit me.

Jace was about to kiss me.

Holy hell.