Chapter 51: White Flag

For dinner, we all settled for some barbecue. Jason decided that he was going to be in charge of the barbecue himself. I was really doubting his skills, knowing that he never really cooked or grilled anything in his life. The girls and I, were setting up the table that was in the backyard. The view was extraordinary. Hades and Julien were out to get some drinks. Apparently all the alcohol ran out during those three days that we were not here.

My friends were drunkards.

Hannah was standing by the railing of the deck. She was staring at the sunset. I blinked several times when I realised how normal she looked at the moment. Her hair was tied in a messy bun and she didn't have make up on. She was wearing a simply dress that reached a little bit above her knee. Hannah had really long legs. I wouldn't be surprised if I actually see her on a Victoria Secret ramp on day.

Knowing that Hades was not here, I decided that it was the best timing to shoot my shot. I didn't want to be enemy with her. That was far from my thoughts. I picked up a white napkin from the table and made my way to her. When she noticed my presence, she turned around to look at me with wide eyes, seeming surprised to see me next to her.

"This is my white flag" I said playfully while waving the white napkin. A light scoff came from her but I could see amusement in her eyes. "Can we have a proper conversation?" I asked politely. She tilted her head slightly. Confusion could be read on her face.

"Sure" she then responded, quite unsure about the outcome of this conversation.

"Listen, I just want you to know that I have nothing against you" I started softly. "I am not using Hades for his money. I like his company" I admitted. "A lot" I emphasised.

"I can see that" Hannah said with no facial expressions at all. I didn't know where this conversation was going to go but I just wanted this rivalry to stop.

Not that it has started yet.

"I really don't know why you hate me" I sighed. "Hades and I, we're just friends" I told her, ignoring the bit where I lied. Wait. I didn't lie. We were fuck buddies.

I bet Hades would glare at me if I said that right now.

"I have nothing against you" she suddenly said. A sigh escaped her lips after she said that. "Hades is different. He doesn't socialise much. The way he looks at you, it's different" she told me.

"How?" I asked with a frown.

"That's how he used to look at me before" she chuckled humorlessly. I blinkered several times, trying to register what was happening.

"Were you guys a thing?" I asked. I gulped, quite nervous about the answer. When she shook her head, I felt relief take over.

But that wasn't for long.

"But we slept together" Hannah told me, then closed her eyes to recollect herself.

"You slept together?" I questioned, finding it hard to imagine.

"Yes. We slept together" Hannah repeated.

"As in sex?" I knew that I sounded stupid but I needed to know for sure. This was going to change everything.

"Yes Luna, as in sex" she said, finding this situation amusing. I understood better why Hannah was annoyed by my presence.

"Several times?" I asked hesitantly. I was asking questions that I knew was going to hurt me, but deep down, I needed to know. When she nodded, i rolled my lips in my mouth. My brain was still processing all these information. Let me tell you that it was finding it hard to process. "And when did it stop?" I asked again. Hannah was staring at me intently.

"When I started catching feelings" she muttered. I ran my hand on my face. "Hades is not relationship material. I always thought that I would be the one to change him but when he told me that he wanted to be just friends, with no strings attached, I accepted" Hannah said, faking a smile. "When you love someone, you would do any stupid thing to keep them close" she chuckled while shaking her head. "Like threaten the next girl after you" a smile formed on my face. By the tone that she was using, i could sense regret.

"It's okay. I completely understand your actions" I admitted.

"You slept with him, didn't you?" She asked me softly. I nodded. Somehow, I knew that I most probably got into the same shit as Hannah.

"Hades told me that he wasn't ready for a relationship" I told her.

"That's Hades" Hannah sighed.

"I guess I got myself in the same shit as you" I breathed.

"Maybe it's going to be different" Hannah shrugged. "One more thing, I don't hate you" she said. I smiled at her words, knowing that things were going to be better with her now.

"Oh! Are we bonding over there?" I heard Ella asked as she strutted towards us. I rolled my eyes at how dramatic she sounded. When she reached me, she wrapped my arm around my neck. "So how is everything going?" She asked casually.

"We're doing good surprisingly" I told her. Her eyes widened, seeming impressed by how the situation went.

"Ella, I need you here" Jason called my best friend who huffed in annoyance.

"The truth is, when don't you need me?" She questioned as she walked to him. Jason rose his perfect eyebrows while shaking his head.

"Get me some water, dumbass" Jason ordered making me and Hannah chuckle.

"We're here with the booze! Let's get this party started!" We all turned to see Julien and Hades walking in with several bottles. Julien seemed truly excited. I didn't let my eyes wonder where Hades was standing. Deep down, I felt betrayed that he didn't tell me about his past with Hannah. Not that I would have cared. It's the fact that he hid it purposely from me. He had the opportunity to tell me about Hannah. He chose to hide it.

That changes a whole lot to the story.

"I'm going to change" I quickly announced. I ran inside of the house then soon, ran up the stairs to go change. Once I was in the room, I shuffled through my clothes to get a long black skirt. I pulled out a crop top before letting my hair cascade down my shoulder. I didn't wear any make up. As I turned around, I saw Hades' suitcases which reminded me that he was going to sleep in the room as well.

I didn't want that for the moment. I was not even angry with him. I was disappointed to a point where I didn't want to talk to him. The thing that happened between him and Hannah, was important. It was something that he could have told me at different occasions. The fact that he chose not to tell me, was a huge turn off. I have grown attached to him. But did I want to catch feelings for a guy who can't seem to know when to value a woman enough to be in a relationship?

Hell No.