Chapter 32: Blocked Roads and Heavy Rains

"What's wrong?" I asked Hades once he ended the call that he just had. He frowned, then tucked his phone back in his pocket.

"Some roads have been blocked and apparently, the rain is not going to stop so soon" Hades told me with a sigh. We both turned our heads to look outside. It was raining heavily.

"What are we going to do?" I asked.

"What would you suggest us to do?" he asked back.

"Is the road that we have to take blocked?" I asked. He shook his head, making a grin appear on my face. "So we're still going" I told him. He wiped his mouth with his tissue paper then stood up. After paying for the food, we walked back to the door under the constant staring of the teenagers.

"We're going to run in the rain again?" I asked. He shrugged then opened the door. "Race. The one who gets in the car first wins" I told him. "The one who loses, have a forfeit" Hades grinned. He seemed to like challenges. There was something not right. The way he was smiling, showed that he knew something that I didn't.

"One, two" he started counting. I could hear the people chuckling at us from behind. Without thinking, I placed myself next to him. "Three!" I started running to the car. The rain was so cold. Only when I reached the car, I realized that Hades was the one who had the keys.

"Cheater!" I shouted. I turned to see him walking calmly while laughing. He wasn't rushing. I most probably looked like wet dog. He reacged calmly, unlocked the car and mockingly stepped in. I huffed in annoyance, then opened the door. "You cheated" I said. We were born drenched. I felt bad for the car seats.

"I did not" Hades replied, then pushed his hair off his face. I took a deep breath to take in his natural beauty. "I'm just way smarter than you" he added while flashing me a teasing smile. I rolled my eyes but still couldn't help but smile back.

"Let's go already" I mumbled. He chuckled, then started driving again. "We're going to get sick" I told him as I took off his now drenched jacket off me.

"I have clothes in the bag in the backseat" Hades said as he nodded towards the backseat, his eyes never leaving the road. I didn't do anything. I preferred staying in these clothes than changing in the car, with Hades next to me. I turned on the radio and listened to some music. "You're not going to change?" Hades asked, turning to look at me for a few seconds before looking back at the road.

"No, I'm good" I said while offering him a smile.

"You're going to get sick" he said, a frown slowly forming on his face.

"I'm not" I argued.

"Change already, Luna" He sighed.

"I'm good!" I tried to persuade him. He turned to look at me with narrowed eyes before turning his attention on the road.

"You're so fucking stubborn" he mumbled. I smiled and rested my head on the seat belt. Slowly, I drifted away. My eyes were closing. I was soon engulfed in total darkness. The next thing I knew, I was sleeping.

"-Hill Creek Road is blocked. All drivers are advised to take proper precautions and drive safely because of the slippery road. The rain is going to persist for the next two days"

I woke up to this news on the radio. I stretched slightly, then rubbed my eyes before turning my attention to Hades.

"Hill Creek is blocked" I told him. We were supposed to be taking that road but it was now blocked. "What are we going to do?" I asked with a groan. Hades rolled his lips in his mouth, then slowly let them go. I quickly looked away and gulped. Even in these situations, he managed to fuck up with my hormones.

"We're stopping by a hotel" Hades announced. "We'll get back on the road after two days" I nodded. I didn't mind spending two days with him. My inner self was dancing, to be honest. "Is that good with you?" he then asked. I nodded while smiling to show him that I had no problem.

"You'll have to borrow me some of your clothes. Mine are with Jason" I told him. Hades nodded. After a few minutes of driving, we finally reached a hotel. I felt tired. Even after sleeping so much, I still managed to be tired. Yes. That was me. I wanted to take a warm bath, then stepped in the bed. Hades parked the car in the parking. He reached in the backseat and took his back.

"Run inside" he ordered. I nodded then opened the door of the car.

"Take my handbag too" I said before running to the main door of the hotel. I opened the door, then stepped in. It was a small cosy hotel. It was empty. There was just a young boy behind the reception table. After a few seconds, Hades walked in with my bag and his. He didn't seem to mind to carry my hand bag. I took it from it. "Thank you" I whispered. He simply winked and we both walked to the receptionist. When the guy rose his head to look at us, his eyes quickly widened. He seemed to recognized us.

"Good afternoon, Mr Reigns and Miss Jenkins" he greeted. I didn't know I was that popular. I knew that I most probably looked weird with one rose eyebrows and a slightly parted mouth. "One room for the night?" he asked.

"One room for two nights" Hades corrected. I knew that he was not taking two rooms as according to the media and the lies that we were feeding everyone, we were dating. We certainly didn't want the guy to go selling the news that Hades and I, were sleeping in different rooms. The receptionist smiled and handed us a key.

"Room 256" he said with a bright smile.