Chapter 47: Quick and Smart

We were soon back on the road. Sadness could be felt from the both of us as our little stay in the hotel was nice. I didn't feel like going to the beach house to see Hannah's face over there. I sighed, then rested my head against the window.

"Are you okay?" I heard Hades ask from next to me. I turned my head to look at him, then lazily smiled.

"I am. Just sad that those moments ended" I whispered loud enough for him to hear. He frowned while staring at the road.

"Ended?" He asked quizzically. "Why ended?" He continued.

"It's going to be different, with everyone around" I explained.

"By everyone, you mean Hannah, right?" He asked while shaking his head. I nodded, letting my eyes on the road as well. I didn't want to look at me. I hated myself for feeling insecure about Hannah and this situation. "Nothing is going to change" Hades reassured.

"I hope so" I mumbled.

"Do you want something?" Hades questioned as he parked in a gas station. "Candies? Something to drink?".

"Can I come to choose?" I asked him like a little child and watched as he rolled his eyes, a smile adorning his face nonetheless. He motioned me to get out of the car and like a little child, I bounced off my seat. I walked out, then stretched my body. I was wearing a denim short and a crop sweater.

"Nice body" I heard someone say, making me frown instantly. My eyes travelled to the car that was parked not far from Hades. A man sat there, his eyes travelling on my body as if he was inspecting some interesting thing. I squirmed, not feeling much comfortable by this.

"Are you going to stay there?" Hades snapped at me. I turned around to look at him and i saw him glaring at the guy. I knew that he was talking to me as he then focused on me. I quickly walked to his side. He wrapped his hand around my waist, glaring at the douche that was in the car. We then both walked to the shop. I could feel the tension.

"Hades?" I said, as i felt his fingers tightened on my waist.

"That dickhead was staring at you like that and you just stood there, doing nothing?" He asked me in disbelief. My eyes widened at his words.

"What the fuck was I supposed to do?" I snapped.

"You fucking walk away! That's what any sane person would do" He snapped back. I rolled my eyes then shrugged it off. I didn't like the way he was talking to me but he was right.

"I didn't think of that then" I whispered while pouting, trying to ease the tension.

"You need to think quicker and smarter" He whispered back in my ear to make goosebumps rise. He was such a tease.

"I'm dumb and slow" I pouted.

"I agree" He said, making me gasp in disbelief. I playfully punch him and watched as he burst out laughing. I loved it when he laugh. He seemed so carefree and away from the business shit that he usually did. I started walking to the chocolate section while smiling brightly. I turned to see Hades shaking his head.

"What?" I asked defensively.

"You're such a kid sometimes" He chuckled. I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him.

"You fucked a kid, then" I pointed out with a smirk.

"Stupid thinking" He muttered.

"Fuck you" I retorted teasingly. His eyes turned a little darker and he was looking at me as if i was defying him.

"You really need to stop swearing" He said.

"You don't like girls who swear?" I asked.

"You're not a girl and It makes me want to fuck you" He said casually.

"I'm not a girl. So I'm a boy and that makes you want to fuck me?" I asked with wide eyes. I loved teasing him. He closed his eyes, then pinch the top of his nose, trying to calm himself down. He looked so done with me.

"Are you for real?" He asked me.

"You told me to think quicker and smarter" I backfired while shrugging.

"That was quick but not smart" He simply said as he joined me. I picked up some chocolate bars then handed them to him. "Do you want something else?" He asked and I should my head. We both started walking to the counter when I realized that I was a little bit thirsty.

"I'm going to take something to drink" I told Hades. He handed me the chocolate bars, then pushed me gently towards the counter, where there was an old woman standing there, looking extremely tired.

"What do you want, sweetheart?" Hades asked casually, making my heart skip a beat because of the nickname.

"Something cold" I said.

"Coke?" He asked.

"Yes" I answered. Hades walked away, his hands sliding in his jean pockets as he walked away. His business side of him was not in sight. He seemed so carefree. I smiled before shaking my head. As I turned to look at the cashier, she smiled sweetly to me. I put the chocolate bars in front of her while smiling back. A whistle attracted my attention. The guy who was in the car, walked in the shop. The smirk that was on his face said it all.

"Need some company?" The guy asked me.

"Not from you" I muttered, while turning my attention to the cashier.

"Are you taking more items?" She asked me. I nodded my head, then tried to ignore the man who was slowly making his way to me.

"Babe" The man whispered from next to me. I have to agree that his perfume smell extremely good.

"Where is your husband?" The cashier asked. I was going to deny but then I shrugged it off.

"He went to get me something to drink" I said and turned to glare at the man.