Chapter 56: Serious Talk

Hades has been distant the whole day. I felt disappointed more than anything else. I knew that I was being slightly dramatic about this whole ordeal. We were not even a thing. To the world, we were. I just hated people who wouldn't be honest with me. I was in my bikini, sipping on my juice while pretending to listen to Ella. My mind was definitely elsewhere.

"Anyone here?" We all turned our heads to look at the person with the familiar voice. Angie stood there by the gate, with her hat on. Her yellow sunglasses were hiding her eyes.

"We're here!" Ella hollered to attract their attention. Jace was standing behind her. His eyes flicked to where we were and they quickly froze on me. I smiled and waved to show them that I had no hard feelings. They walked to us while pulling two suitcases behind them.

"This looks so good" Angie breathed as she looked around in amazement. Jace seemed to be uncomfortable.

"I'll show you guys your room?" I offered. I was acting as if nothing happened. I didn't want them to feel bad or outcasted because of all the bad things that happened. Angie nodded with a smile.

"We'll wait for you here by the pool" Ella said. Julien didn't respond. He was relaxing on one of the deckchairs. He had his sunglasses on. He was most probably asleep. Angie pulled her purple suitcase by her side while Jace followed behind with his.

"How was the drive?" I asked them casually. It was hard to find something to talk about. I felt like we needed to sit down and have a serious talk in order to be able to start afresh.

"It was really good" Angie said with a smile. "We got to talk about stuff" she continued, pointing out that they did have a serious conversation between them two. We walked up the stairs then walked to the room that was opposite mine.

"This is your room" I said while opening the door. Angie's eyes widened in amazement at the huge bedroom. Jace seemed to have nothing to say and simply walked in the room to put the luggages on the side. "I will let you guys settle in and change?" I suggested. "Meet me by the pool" I said with a smile. Just as I was about to turn, Angie's voice stopped me.

"Luna?" She called.

"Yes?" I asked with the same smile plastered on my face. I will not lie, I missed them. Seeing them around was bringing a relief to me. I felt complete.

"Can we talk?" She asked timidly.

"Yeah, sure" I responded calmly. I guess that this conversation was happening sooner than I was expecting. At that moment, Jason and Hades walked passed the room and quickly stopped on their track when they noticed us.

"Hey" Jason greeted Angie and Jace. "Welcome to the house of madness!" He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes at his dramatic self. "My name is Jason The All Mighty and here, I will be your guide for this spiritual, alcoholic and crazy path" he continued. Angie laughed at his words. Jace, on the other hand, chuckled. It was hard not to laugh at Jason's words. He was good with them. He knew all too well how to get people in his pocket.

"And Jason will go find his path right now because we're going to have a talk" I butted in. Jason frowned at me and inhaled deeply.

So dramatic.

"You, young lady" Jason breathed. "Lack of one of the most important thing that we need in this house" he scolded.

"And what's that?" I asked in confusion.

"Freaking alcohol in your system!" He exclaimed as if it was obvious. I could hear laughter behind me.

"When are you going to stop being so extra?" I asked him, totally amused by this situation.

"When I stop breathing" he shrugged. My eyes flicked to Hades, who was simply standing behind, his phone in his hands. He seemed totally oblivious to what was happening. Wait. He didn't seem oblivious, he seemed uninterested. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"That's going to be for soon if you keep having so much alcohol in your system" I shrugged back.

"At least, I will die happy" Jason sighed dreamily. I pushed him to the door while chuckling. I haven't forgotten that Angie, Jace and I were to have this serious conversation.

"We will meet you by the pool" I said, hinting him that he needed to leave.

"I will have your drinks ready" He nodded. With that, Hades and Jason walked away. I stared at Hades' back as he walked away while still staring at his phone.

Maybe he has another fucking fuck buddy.

"So" Angie drawled. I walked to the balcony and opened the door. Angie's eyes widened even more.

"I think it will be better if we sit outside and talk" I said with a smile. I was loving the amazement that was plastered on her face. "Yes, I know. I was so amazed too" I told her. Jace settled in a chair and Angie sat next to him. I sat down too, facing them.

"Cat got your tongue?" Angie asked Jace with a frown.

Ouh. Gone was the smily Angie.

"No" Jace responded. I didn't want the atmosphere to turn cold so I decided to take things in my hand.

"Listen guys, I have no hard feelings against you. And I hope that you don't have any hard feelings against me" I breathed out.

"It was our mistake" Angie said quietly.

"It was my mistake" Jace suddenly said. We both turned to look at him. "You are my best friend. I got caught up in the moment. I don't know what stupid shit got into me. I lied because I didn't want to lose Angie. I shouldn't have" he said. I could detect disappointment and remorse in his voice. "You both know me. I am not that guy. I don't know what got into me" he continued.

"How will I ever be able to trust that this will not repeat again?" Angie asked. Her voice was so low. The pain could be felt.

"I will win it back. I will do whatever it takes to win you back, Angie" Jace said. His words were coated with honesty. Angie simply shrugged. "And Luna, I am so sorry for being a shitty friend" he told me. "You never asked for all this. I lied" he said. I smiled at his words.

"What about we put all this behind us?" I suggested. "Start your relationship afresh. Let's build our friendship again" I told them. "I sincerely don't want to talk about this again. Let's just enjoy ourselves. Let's find ourselves again" I said. They both nodded in agreement.

"Cheers to that" Angie said.