Chapter 14: Clubbing

"Do you think Angie knows about the kiss?" Julien asked while I drove to The Diamonds. Ella was staring at me through the rear view mirror.

"Why would you think that?" I asked. I was tapping on the steering wheel nervously. Then suddenly, something struck my mind. "There was no kiss!" I suddenly shouted. Julien and Ella chuckled in the backseat, making me huff.

"Do you think Angie knows about the near kiss?" Julien corrected, causing me to wince at the term that he used. I shrugged but my continuous tapping on the steering wheel showed that I was nervous. It was not even about being afraid of Angie. It was more about the fact that if Angie knows about the 'near kiss', she would probably break up with Jace. I don't want to be the reason why they are breaking up.

I don't want to be 'that' girl.

"She was distant today" Ella stated. Yes, she was. "Do you think Jace told her?" she asked. It seemed like my best friends were more nervous than me.

"To be honest, knowing Jace, I know that he won't tell her anything" Julien told us. I nodded in agreement. Jace wouldn't risk to lose Angie. We soon reached the parking of The Diamonds. I parked the car next to Angie and Jace who were most probably inside by now.

"Let's assume that Angie knows, what are you going to do?" Ella asked as I opened the door. I sighed then turned to look at them. Julien was looking at me questioningly.

"If she confronts me, I'll tell her the truth. I'll tell her everything that happened" I said then got out of the car. Julien and Ella got out as well, then I locked the car. I started walking to the front main door of the club where a security guard stood with his sunglasses on. I rose my head to look at the sky. It was dark. What was the purpose of the sunglasses? Ella slapped my arm playfully as the guard pushed his sunglasses down on his nose to look at me.

"Any problem, Miss?" the guard asked. My eyes widened and I quickly shook my head. He was cute. He rose one of his eyebrows in confusion and shook his head. We paid the tickets then walked in the club. Our heads already started moving to the beats of the music bursting in the club.

"Woo-hoo!" Ella shouted while laughing. We moved easily in the club: No sweaty bodies, no creeps, no perverts. As we walked in the club, we could notice that we were attracting attention. Some men were staring in appreciation while others were plainly ignoring us. Julien seemed to attract the females' attention. I chuckled when one man pulled his girlfriend's face in his direction.

"There, they are" Julien said, pointing towards a private booth. I noticed Jace and Angie, sitting. They were not alone. There were two other men with them. Ella frowned then turned to look at Julien and I questioningly.

"Did they tell us that there was going to be more people?" Ella asked. Julien and I quickly shook our heads. No, they didn't. Julien and Ella walked in front of me to the booth when I followed behind. I wanted to party but I somehow felt tired.

"Guys!" Angie exclaimed when they saw us approaching. The two men turned to look at us and I sighed in relief when I realized that it was Hades and Stella's son Jason with them. As soon as Hades saw me, he grinned and lifted his glass.

"Are you following me?" I asked teasingly. He huffed then walked to me so that he was standing just in front.

"I was here before you, kitten" he whispered loud enough for me to hear. I tried to control those freaking hormones which were raging because of his sexy voice.

"Ah! Tigress!" Jason exclaimed when he finally saw me. Tigress was the nickname that Jason gave me because everytime he would annoy me, I would totally lose it. The guy was annoying. But he was nice. Nice but annoying.

"Hey, Jason" I greeted with a smile. I walked a little closer to the booth and finally sat down. Hades sat next to me. Angie was not looking at me. She seemed to be indulged with a serious conversation with Ella.

"So, tell me something" Jason said as he saw in front of me, just next to Jace. Julien saw on the other side and seemed to be really interested with what Jason was going to say. "When I would ask you on a date, you would always refuse" he stated and I nodded. "But when there's that rumor thing going on with Hades, you accept?" he asked in disbelief. I nodded again, not explaining further as I knew that it was going to annoy him. Hades chuckled from next to me. "Why?" Jason finally asked.

"Because I don't want to go on a date with you and with Hades, it's all fake" I explained. Jason nodded but still stared at me as if I was lying. Julien nudged me softly, so I turned to look at him.

"What do you want to drink?" he asked. I always had the same thing as Ella so I turned to look at my best friend who made our usual sign for tequila.

"Tequila, it is" I said and watched as Julien walked away. Jason and Hades already had their glasses in their hands.

"What are you drinking?" I asked curiously.

"Apple juice" he said. I stared at him in confusion. "I'm supposed to drive" he said. "You drove here, right?" he asked after a few seconds. I nodded. I shouldn't have. "So you're not drinking" he finally said.

Wait, what?

"But I want to!" I exclaimed.

"Then I'll be driving you back home" he said.

"You'll have to drive Julien and Ella back home too" I smirked, hoping that he'd refuse but instead, he nodded with a shrug.