Chapter 10: Awkward

"He nearly kissed you?" Julien asked with wide eyes while Ella sat on my bed, gaping at me. I nodded to Julien's question while scrolling through my pictures on my phone. I was looking for nothing in particular. I was just nervous and over thinking about this whole situation.

"I always knew that he liked you" Ella finally said calmly. I took a deep breath and shook my head. Julien pulled my phone out of my hand. He glared at me when I moved to snatched it back.

"What do you think about this whole situation?" He asked while stating intently at me.

"He's going out with Angie! Imagine all the freaking problems that it would have created if we actually kissed! What the hell was he thinking about?!" I finally bursted out. Ella chuckled silently then pulled my hand so that i was not resting my head on her shoulder.

"You guys didn't kiss. So there's no problem. Calm down" she reassured. Yeah. We didn't kiss. What the hell was I thinking too? If my mother hasn't interrupted us, maybe we would have kissed. I would have become the side chick. What the hell was Jace thinking about?

"It's going to be so awkward when I'll see him again" I groaned then pulled away to see Julien and Ella nodding their heads in agreement.

"And that's going to be tonight. We're going to the nightclub tonight" Ella announced with excitement in her voice.

"You guys are going but Luna is not" We all turned to see my mom standing by my door with her hands on her hips.

"Mom, ever heard of privacy?" I asked, leaning my head slightly to the left. She rolled her eyes, then pointed to the door.

"The door was already open. And there is no privacy for me. I'm your mother and you came out of my private part" My mother ranted, making my eyes go wide. Ella laughed while Julien looked like he was about to puke.

"Too much information, Mrs Jenkins" Julien told her.

"As if you didn't know already how to make babies" my mother retorted playfully.

"How to make babies, yeah we know. But where they got out from, I'm not interested " Julien mumbled. My mom stared at me with wide eyes. She looked offended.

Oh no, mom.

"Babies come out of vaginas. It's a painful process that I, your mom and every mothers on this earth went through. So stop being little brats" my mother scolded. Ella and I burst out laughing when we saw Julien looking at my mother in shock.

"Mrs Jenkins!" Julien whined at my mother who seemed to be quite proud of herself.

"We have a dinner at home today, Luna" my mother informed. "Why don't you all stay for dinner, then go to the club?" she finally proposed.

"Sounds like a great idea" Ella stated with a bright smile.

"If you're not going to talk about vaginas again, then yeah I'll stay" Julien said teasingly to my mother.

"I didn't know you were allergic to vaginas, Julien" my mother backfired before walking away.

Yes.

My mother was amazing.

"I swear, if your mom was younger, she'd definitely be my type" Julien mumbled, still staring at the spot where my mother was just standing. I playfully punched him on his arm then stood up to walk to my laptop when I heard my mom coming back.

"Oh and yeah, Hades is coming too" Mom told me. Hades was coming back. Sounds fun. I had some unknown excitement filling my pores. I smiled then nodded. Just as my mom was turning away from the door, she paused then stared at Julien. "And I heard you, Julien" she told him, making my best friend's cheeks turned red. She laughed, then walked away.

"Oh my god" Ella gasped between laughter while Julien buried his face in one of my pillows. He seemed to be so embarrassed at this situation. "Your mother is so cool!" Ella exclaimed. I nodded in agreement then took my laptop before walking back to my bed.

After a few minutes, we were all calmed down and sitting on my bed, chilling while waiting for my mother to call us for dinner when Ella suddenly pinched my leg, making me yelp in pain.

"What the fuck?" I cursed as I stared at my skin which was now turning red.

"Jace " She simply said as she motioned me to look through the window. When I did, I noticed that Jace was waving at me. No. In fact, he was asking me to come to the window. I pushed Julien's head off my lap and stood up.

What did he have to say?

Ella, being the nosy best friend, let herself fall off the bed slowly so that Jace wouldn't notice her crawling to the window. Soon, she was sitting on the floor by my feet. I wanted to laugh but I kept quiet. I opened the window and smiled at Jace.

Don't be awkward.

"You're good?" Jace asked, making me frown slightly. Why wouldn't I be?

"Yeah. Why?" I questioned, trying not to seem uncomfortable about this whole situation.

"Because you kinda ran off earlier" Jace deadpanned. I frowned even more. Why wouldn't I run away? He was talking about it as if it was normal if he actually kissed me.

"Because it was extremely awkward" I said honestly and watched as he laughed. He always told me that he liked how straight forward I was. He didn't anything about that. He didn't even think about apologizing for nearly kissing me while he already has a girlfriend who happened to be my best friend.

"Your mother invited me for dinner" Jace told me. Of course my mother would. I took a deep breath and mustered a big smile.

"Nice. Ella and Julien are here as well" I told him.

"Yeah, I know" Jace said. What am I supposed to say now?

And here it goes. The whole awkward situation.

I fucking hated that.