Chapter 8: New Friendship

So here I was.

Sitting in a McLaren with a Sexy man next to me.

Feeling bored as fuck.

I turned my head to look at Hades. He had a frown on his face. Well, he always has a frown on his face. He seemed to be focusing on the road. His hands tightened around the steering wheel. His knuckles turned white.

"Can you stop staring at me?" He suddenly asked. My eyes widened. Shit.

"I'm sorry" I quickly apologized. I must have looked like a freaking creep. I mentally face palmed myself. I was so stupid. Blame Hades and his good looks.

"Why did you agree finally?" Hades asked. I turned my head to look at him again. Did he really talk to me? I blinked several times, then finally licked my lips before talking.

"It will actually benefit our business. So why not?" I said with a shrug. He gave a curt nod. His stubbles made him look so hot. "Who told you to pick me up?" I asked.

"Stella" he answered. I nodded, not knowing what to say more. I was getting tired of this stagnant atmosphere. I rolled my eyes at how annoying it was. Why was the way to my home seeming to lengthen today?

"Hades" I started. He turned to look at me with his piercing green eyes. He looked surprised. Why? "We are both going to be in this rumor stuffs for a long time" I said. "So why not try to be friends?" I proposed. Again, he seemed surprised. He stopped the car. We were finally in front of my house.

"Friend with you?" he asked as if it was an offense. I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

"I know I'm not your type of people" I said. "But we can still try" I told him.

"My type of people?" he asked.

"Rich and Snobby" I said and again, his eyes widened. Seems like he wasn't used to honest people in his life.

"You're rich" he deadpan.

"But I'm not snobby" I told him as I got out of the car.

"We can't be friends if you're going to insult me" Hades said smartly. I chuckled and shook my head. I turned to look at me as I closed the door.

"This is not called insulting. It is called being honest. And some honest people is what you need in your life" I told him. He stared at me, trying to decipher what state of mind i was in. I grinned and started to turn so that I was now facing the alley of my house.

"I'm good with the friendship thing" Hades said from his car before I could walk away. Turning back to look at me, I muster the biggest smile that I could and stared at him.

"Nice! I'll see you later, friend!" I faked happiness while showing him a thump up. Hades simply shook his head and drove away.

Friend with Hades Reigns?

This friendship sure appears to be interesting.

I walked to the door while humming a song. Well, the ride went a lot better than what I was expecting. I opened the door and walked in the house. Mom was not at home. She was most probably at work right now. I could hear the maids talking in the kitchen. I walked to them and they all smiled when they saw me.

"How is it going?" Evie, one of the two maids present, asked.

"I'm good. What about you guys?" I asked. As most of the times, I'd be home on my own, I bonded with the maids. Evie and Rosalie were the two maids with whom I got along pretty well.

"As usual they're good and gossiping!" Scott, the cook said as he walked in the kitchen. Ah. And there was Scott. He was around the forties. He was amazing.

"I'm hungry" I told him with a sheepish smile. He smiled back and placed a plate of spaghetti in front of me. "Did you have lunch?" I asked them, resulting in them shaking their heads.

"We were waiting for you" Rosalie said as she sat next to me. I smiled and watched as Scott placed their food in front of them. They were all settled around the table, ready to eat when I heard the doorbell. Rosalie made a move to stand up and I quickly shook my head.

"I'll open. You eat." I told her and stood up. As I walked down the corridor to the door, I could hear Rosalie and Evie talking about how Scott's food was good. When I reached the door, I opened it and frowned when I saw Hades.

"You forgot your phone in my car" Hades said while holding my rose gold iPhone in his hand. I smiled and took it from him.

"Thank you for bringing it back" I said. He stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to say. "You're supposed to say 'You're welcome'" I told him. He licked his dry lips before opening his mouth to actually talk.

"I-" he went to talk and by the look on his face, I knew that he was not going to say what I was expecting so I quickly shook my head as an idea formed. I opened the door wider and motioned him to walk in.

"I'm going to eat spaghetti for lunch. Do you want to join me?" I cut him off and when I saw that he was about to refuse, I pouted. "For the sake of this new friendship?" I added. Hades stared at me for a good minute. "Come on, you can't refuse spaghetti!" I exclaimed.

"Fine. I'm hungry" Hades said as he walked in.

"It wouldn't hurt if you actually smiled" I added as I closed the door. He simply turned to look at me with rose eyebrows.

"Give me a reason to" he said and I huffed.

"Spaghetti! That's a good reason" I exclaimed. I felt quite proud of myself when I saw amusement glimmering in his eyes.